Hello All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by J.J., 8th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. J.J.

J.J. New Member

I've joined this forum in order to receive advice on a start-up concept, where I'm proposing to convert the roof on my residential properties into micro-solar farms. Accordingly am proposing to lease the roof to investors, where they receive income from trading the energy. The investment would equal to $20 p.wk over a 3 year period. On expiry proposing to auction the property and spread the sale amount over to leaseholders.

Love to hear from you, about the concept.

I'm an architect and licensed builder and I buy and build residences for sale.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Sounds complicated, small numbers and hard to scale. Easier to just ‘sell’ the power to the tenant?

3. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

How does the energy get traded or sold off?

4. J.J.

J.J. New Member

Mainly from REC's as the system includes a bank of Batteries that would harness / hold about 500kW per day, wherein the batteries provide energy to a bank of computer racks that provide computing power that is charged to super computers globally.

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Sounds like way too much risk for $20 a week. Might make more sense for commercial?

thydzik likes this.
  6. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I guess I'd be skeptical that it was somehow profitable taking into account the costs, risks and effort involved.

But its not really my area so I don't know that much.

I'd imagine there's some issues with tenancy and planning law considerations depending on how many you wanted to cram into a residential property.

7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

There is a group called Power Ledger which appears to be doing something similar.

Matter Solar, amongst others, have a different model, where landlords and tenants make agreements to encourage the use of solar in investment properties.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.