Helen Collier Kogtevs or Result Mentoring - which mentoring program should I enrol in?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ask2000, 6th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ask2000

ask2000 Member

Great to join this forum and I am excited to be here. I have been reading lots of post since yesterday and found them to be useful.

I am novice property investor and had my share of mistakes. I thought to educate myself now. As a starting point, I have started reading Steve McKnight’s book and I am finding it very easy to follow.

Bit about me – I live in Melbourne. At my work place, each year every employee is allocated with certain training & development budget. I requested for property course which has been approved.

Couple of mentoring programs like Helen Collier Kogtevs Real Wealth Australia Mentoring Program and RESULTS Mentoring have been of my interest.

I would appreciate if you can advise me which course I should enrol in.

Thanks

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Neither, read everything on this site and over on Somersoft ... ask if you have any questions.

Chris_R, JenJen, radson and 3 others like this.
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I recommend you enroll in the "dont give your money to spruikers and instead read the forums, go to meetups and educate yourself" course which doesnt cost you $20k

LeonW, JenJen, radson and 3 others like this.
  4. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

5. ask2000

ask2000 Member

Thanks, but my company is offering to pay as part of my training & development.

6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Great policy - could you use that money for something practical?

radson, twobobsworth and hobo like this.
  7. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Is the prospective training course related to your work?

In my workplace we'd never get a course approved unless directly related to ones job.

8. ask2000

ask2000 Member

Not directly related to my work, but they have offered to pay.

I can use that money towards any training & development/courses or degree.

9. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Massage therapy?

10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

My understanding is that RWA charge around $10K for their mentoring?

For a bit less money, I can tailor a course based on reading PropertyChat and Somersoft posts which will be worth much more than that to you.

Alternatively, just put that $10K towards an independent buyers agent fees and actually buy something - I guarantee you'll learn far more than you would in any mentoring course.

JenJen, radson, Colin Rice and 3 others like this.
  11. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Though I doubt the OP's work would pay for it. Though, on second thoughts, if the OP's firm is a private firm, they might!

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Real Wealth Australia, do a search an eye opener.

I can not take this group seriously considering the Director owns something like 15 properties in Moranbah and recommended her clients buy in this area. She makes money from mentoring not property investing.

MTR:)

Spotty, radson and Mitesh Dedhia like this.
  13. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

listen to both but don't sign up. then refer back here and do further research on what you have learned from them.
    Honestly, you are better off spending your time reading somersoft and property chat forums.
    Can you ask for that budget in cash instead? or ask for extra annual leave hours and spend a week or two browsing the forums?

Colin Rice and MTR like this.
  14. Mitesh Dedhia

Mitesh Dedhia Well-Known Member

Hi, I think I'll be a minority here.. I was in a similar situation to you couple of years ago. I looked into lot of mentoring programs to expand my knowledge. I decided to join Results and I'm now in my second year with them (yes, you pay every year). Thing I liked about them is they are genuinely a one on one mentoring group and I don't think there is anything like it in Australia. I agree with lot of the people here, you'll find most of the answers on this forum. If your work is paying for a course I would recommend you join Results. I also agree with MTR's comment re Real Wealth. I looked into them during the time I was researching and decided not to go ahead with them. My favourite part of Results is the 4 one-day workshops they run every year (2 in Melb & 2 in Syd), spend whole day with like minded people (roughly 200+), market updates are excellent during these workshops, there is also a great deal of opportunities to do JVs with people in the program and I've seen people do profitable JVs. Call me if you'd like to know more and happy to show you their material. Good luck!

15. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I have heard good things about the Results Mentoring too. I think you also get a proper qualification at the end - a diploma or certificate.

16. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

@ask2000 - what industry or role are you in?

17. velocity

velocity New Member

Hi, My husband and I were members of the results mentoring team for 3 years and can highly recommend it. It is very valuable and well worth the money spent. We had been investing in property for about 15 years prior to results but after joining results it took our investing to another level. The expert team are on call for any quick or long questions you have. They are good, honest people and really do want the best for their clients. All the best in your investing ventures. Matt

Bluette and Colin Rice like this.
  18. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Thats a sound idea but also depends on your learning style.

I have done a few of these course over the years and happy I did all of them as the info rattles around in my head, sometimes for years and wont be quiet until I applied it.

19. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Give me the 20k and I'll learn ya, can dummy you up a receipt if you need it.

charttv likes this.
  20. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

The minority generally get the worm !

ta
    rolf

Sackie and Mitesh Dedhia like this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.