Health & Family Health failure

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MyDarlinghurst, 14th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Wise word from Dalai Lama

When asked what surprised him about humanity the most, the Dalai Lama replied:

“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

I put family and health first every thing else just a sideshow
    I get plenty of sleep and exercise and keep my health in check, when I am bugger I just take day off and sleep :)

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I must say when I worked multiple jobs and lots of hours, I actually enjoyed it - particularly seeing the $ build up.

The Y-man

jins13 and Nadine Cross like this.
  3. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for weight , its that French jarrah coffee i was drinking mixing with instant coffee to make it stronger .
    Unless i was very tired... eg working all night as a security guard then going to the office job during the day then i would drink that with energy drinks like mother etc

The amount of energy drinks followed by no water could of given me a kidney stone said the doctor, i didnt know that, i was drinking up to 10 a day, i would buy from IGA in bulk of 4 or so

I have taken the week off from my main job and the part time jobs and i feel so much better.:)
    I have been eating tuna, eggs, and a lot of broccoli and cauliflower and heaps of water.Berocca , chicken soup,

The doctor told me to walk and i had no energy but i forced myself to walk locally it wasnt easy the first thing i noticed was intense sweating as i walked but very strangely i started to get more energy as i forced myself to walk , that walk was the best thing i did last night i feel much better.
    The intense sweating must of been all the poison coming from my system

I have been sitting in the Sun too, hadnt seen Sun for a few months .

Im still getting calls from many employers i put my name down for with the part time jobs "on call jobs , security, cleaning, waiting , retail etc but im knocking them back, actually a part of me wants the extra money and its tempting ,but i know i could become sick if i continue going this rate of working non stop.

Even got offered a job as a professional protester for 3 hours !!! Not sure what we were protesting for but i knocked it back, but i think it was paying $50 cash:eek:

I cant see why people are unemployed with all the jobs im being offered out there and im nearly 50, but yes they're i admit part time "on call casual "jobs, but if i had no job at all , i would go from one to the other if necessary.

Still waiting for my blood tests results
    Cant believe it takes 3 days in a big city?

Last edited: 16th Mar, 2018
    samiam and Marg4000 like this.
  4. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Because i guess im scared to lose it , i have been really poor and im scared to go back to that again i guess

Also its hard to explain but in the last 2 months constantly working many days without sleep i was on a "high" sometimes , its hard to explain but nothing seemed to be bothering me as i walked to my main job , sometimes i had even forgotten that i had walked to work, i didnt remember it .

Sometimes that " high" felt good.

Little things that would bother others like someone not washing a cup in the Staff kitchen didnt bother me.

Life was going from one job to the other .

Sometimes i would be in pain, eg Standing as a security guard 12 hours then going to my day job

The amount of Panadol i was taking for pain prevention/relief something like 12 a day i think along with energy drinks gave me kidney pain and i hope hasnt ruined them.

I needed Eno and panadol a lot.

Now im ok i just am scared of losing everything, nothing more fear than being old and broke , i dont want to end up in a housing dept area or being alone and broke

Last edited: 16th Mar, 2018
  5. The Y-man

I avoid that one. Has sodium saccharin as sweetener

The Y-man

Perthguy likes this.
  6. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Id suggest you have smacked your adrenal glands, and your insulin control around to the point where these can no longer function as they should.

Perhaps take 2 weeks and spend it in a retreat where they will get you back on track

ta

rolf

wylie likes this.
  7. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

You wont be broke or even poor - you have a million dollars or more of net assets - you're a millionaire.

You have to stop doing silly things like having 12 panadols, a tin of coffee and/or 10 energy drinks a day though! Its amazing you're still alive.

samiam and wylie like this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I love this. It reminds me of a loved one who was diagnosed with untreatable, terminal cancer. I told him not to worry, there was nothing that he could do about it and to make the most of the time he had left. He did! He lived every day like it was his last day and made the most of it.

It reminds me that if I am not enjoying the "now", what is the point?

Nadine Cross and wylie like this.
  9. Alex P Keaton

Alex P Keaton Well-Known Member

Start watching Abraham Hicks. Law of attraction

Focus on what you want! not what you are not wanting. By focusing on what you are not wanting you will bring it into your experience. Concentrate on what you want. Vibrate what you want. You get what you think about wanted or unwanted!

10. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

I once worked in my own business for almost 2 years with narry a day off, and the hours were virtually daylight until dark...at the end of this; was able to pay CASH for a block of land with what I saved from working soo many hours and not being able to spend any of it.
    It was financially very beneficial at the time, but I wouldn't want to do it - or recommemd to do it - for a lot longer than that.

11. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I agree that I enjoy seeing the funds build up and being able to pay any bills right away. It's a nice position.

I think it's so important to set and have goals so that you are not working for the sake of it. I feel that most people that do work second jobs are pretty bad with their money management and they could easily cut out some of the expenditure items. Almost like a diminished return because if you are spending so much money on energy drinks, many coffees and other items to sustain you for the second job, how financial ahead are you? Not to mention your productivity and output for your day job.

I think sometimes it may be better to focus on the day job or pursue better opportunities which may provide you a higher income.

Angel likes this.
  12. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

admitting a problem and mistakes are the first step to recovery my friend!

Congratulations, I find its often the hardest step

Truly Exotic likes this.
  13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking through the whole thread - I know, at those takeaway joints, you don't get out for much less than $15-20 ... add in a jar of coffee at another $10 ... 10 energy drinks at $12/4 pack x 2.5 = $30 ... you've just spent $60/day so you can "get through" your 2nd job.

Is that really worth you health?

Are you staying in the big city for any reason? It's a lot cheaper to live in smaller cities - and if you can earn similar money, then you're ahead

14. The Y-man

That's a good point! I forget to mention that my second job paid double per hour than my day job.

Then for overtime, I got paid 1.5 hours for the first 2 hours of OT, double time after that, and stayed on double time all day next day if I came back with less than 10 hour break.
    Xmas new year was always a good time to rake in money with holiday pay too.

The Y-man

15. Player

Player Well-Known Member

@MyDarlinghurst I can't believe you're throwing away that much money on fast (sic) food.........let's call it food for the sake of this thread even though it isn't...........whilst on the moderate income you mentioned earlier.

Health is the first wealth. Eating even half way healthily is easier and cheaper than you imagine. You need to be prepared with ready made REAL FOODS. You're clearly addicted to sugar and you need to address a weaning off process to get you back to some normality.

BTW, I could afford to wear 200-300 dollar T-shirts but would never pay that much EVER. I don't take exotic holidays because it isn't in my values. I don't need to fly business class except perhaps if it's really long haul Europe.

Work backwards from what your ideal (attainable) life looks like and take the necessary baby steps today to get there.

Priorities!!!

Oh, by the way...........Health is the first Wealth.

Chris Au likes this.
  16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

With you on that one - never been one for labels