Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Has anyone had a dealing with Belouis investment group

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Coryd, 16th Nov, 2016.

1. Coryd

Coryd New Member

I'm a newbie here and was wondering if anyone has had any dealing with belouis investment group. They came to my house to discuss an investment opportunity. No obligation, not even pushy, which surprised me. I've been to a couple of seminars in the past...From my research I have done myself, it seems it would be a good investment. I might be just being naive..

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I think it would be better learning the basics off this forum before speaking to these property investment companies. They are good at selling.

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Also be careful. Should you remain interested in any of the properties, make sure you use your own solicitor/conveyancer and mortgage broker. An independent valuation is critical. Also try and do your own due diligence on any suburbs/areas they put forward.

That said and as @larrylarry mentioned above, you would be much better learning as much as you can from the forums.

Also try and get along to one of the meetups. The people attending are all primarily just a mix of seasoned and newbie investors with a keen interest in investment and each following their own strategies. Talk to a few - the knowledge you'll gain is invaluable.

There are a couple of meetups next week. The first at Wentworthville Leagues on the 23rd and another at North Ryde ( The Ranch ) on the 24th.

Coryd likes this.
  4. D.T.

D.T. Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

5. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

The fact that they came to your house should be a big enough red flag.

Terry_w likes this.
  6. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent Business Member

I agree with @Greyghost . Red flag. If they want to reach out to the masses there are more efficient and professional ways of doing so without intruding at someone's home. It's a bit like trespass. Not invited AND trying to sell you things all at once. There are plenty of other ways to let people know of products and services they were unaware of. After a long day at work, surely a person is entitled to a bit of peace and quiet at home to rest before the following work day is upon them. If they want to read print media, billboards and signage, online information, tv, radio etc, they can tune in and hear the message if they feel like it.

7. Paul@PFI

Paul@PFI Tax Accounting + SMSF Business Member

Shut door. There are better ways to lose money than following someones "proven debt reduction strategy" of borrowing money....

My alarming concern is promotion of tax "minimisation" strategies - Not a registered tax agent and worst of all is no AFSL and they are peddling SMSFs to buy property. Dont they read ASICs news bulletins ?

Even if they "partner"with others who are licensed it remains illegal to market, sell and promote that way. That would be like me offering medical services.

8. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Interesting that you have just joined to post about them?

9. Coryd

Coryd New Member

Yes Brady. I joined to ask the question as it seems most people here seem to know what they are talking about and what to look out for. I don't see a problem with that. Isn't this what the forum is for ?