House & Home Hand wash

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Simon Hampel, 28th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

^This.

Just make sure they're the latex free gloves. If your daughter is anything like me (dermatitis sufferer) latex inflames it too.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Yeah, nothing latex in this house - my wife is a nurse and has developed a latex allergy over the years.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Ok finally found a picture online but unfortunately it might be more than what you are used to paying. $8 for the bottle which I think it 500ml

[​IMG]

4. Simon Hampel

Thanks Westminster - I think I did actually see those in Kmart the other day.

I just paid $4 for 250ml of the Imperial Leather stuff, so $8 for 500ml is not too much.

I was paying a lot less for the 500ml Imperial Leather refills - but apparently they're no longer making those :(

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Isn't it a pain when companies stop making things!

We have used the Revitalising Hand Wash and the Refreshing Body Wash (as a handwash) in the main degreasing area (kitchen) and I find them to work well. They do have essential oils in them which some people do react to but they are soap free, vegan, not tested on animals, blah blah, sulfite/sulfate free blah blah.

I also wash the dog with it :)

6. Simon Hampel

Just as an update - we've been using the Kmart stuff suggested by Westminster for a while and while it is generally okay, I found that it simply wasn't able to degrease well enough.

When I needed to replace a bottle and couldn't be bothered to go to Kmart, I decided to try some of the other non-mainstream products (ie not the big brands such as Palmolive or Dettol) I found in the supermarket.

First up I tried thankyou brand handwash and was really surprised at how good it is -

[​IMG]

... it does a really good job of degreasing (as good as the Imperial Leather stuff I used to use) and the smell isn't offensive (I can't handle strong perfumes - gives me instant headaches).

I haven't tried any of their other scents - I'm happy with the Patchouli & Vanilla for now.

Both Coles and Woolies sell this stuff - I recommend giving it a try.

7. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I love thankyou products, they're an awesome company too. Get a copy of their book 'chapter one', it's a great read.