Guttering and down pipe quote in NSW

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by jins13, 15th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Interested in seeing if the received quote is a reasonable quote (sorry the image is not the best). I think the concern I have is the quote for the Gutter Guard and whether it's beneficial to have it installed, as that alone would save me $1,460 from the quote.

Attached Files:

2. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Gutter guard can be beneficial if you have trees nearby.

As to the whole quote, I don't know, but surely someone would need to know the lengths involved?

3. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Overall, I was ok with the quote for the proposed rendered work, but think the gutter guard was abit too much. Yes, no lengths involved.

4. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

Hi Jins13

I am getting our guttering changed as its poorly designed, Just waiting for them to come out, I am in the Ryde Area.

1. it is to small for the roof surface area
    2. the front of the gutter is higher than the rear which sits under the tiles, there is no drain holes on the front to let water out.
    3. The down pipe is poorly located and probably needs to be bigger or another added

During med / heavy rain the one down pipe on the long side cannot drain the water away quick enough so it ends up going under the tile instead of spilling over the front of the gutter. This leads to water leaking through the double brick and out through the kitchen window onto the bench.

I looked at my neighbours house, same shape and size and their gutters have the little rectangle drain holes all the way along the top of the gutter and his down pipe is bigger and he also has a extra one compared to me and they are spaced better.

So I will be using his as the standard for mine when they come to quote.

5. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that.

I was able to get my quote down to $4,400 with facia cover taken out of the service. Unfortunately, couldn't get the gutter guard out because the tree leaves are pretty large in the property.