Gumtree Funnies

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Truly Exotic, 13th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

We all know that gumtree is full psychos and weirdos, etc

so Post your funny gumtree experience?

I dont have a funny one, but I have a nervous one happening right now

Long story short, needed some windows for a reno job, hard to source, interstate,
    call up seller, negotiate price, then next dilemma is courier and how to get payment to seller,
    end up choosing middle aged caucasian guy with courier service off gumtree.

Against better judgement because of time frame and no other alternatives, I paid the courier driver $800 for the windows plus delivery fee, he's now delayed twice and finally when he went to the place, his transport wasnt quite big enough (even though I gave him dimensions) so now has asked for more $$$ for a trailer, which I agreed on. reckons he is old school, reckons I sound trusworthy yah yah yah yah

says he is happy with me paying him for the trailer and a few dollars extra after,
    then calls him saying he is front of the trailer shop and wont do it until payment shows up, or he'll refund.

too'ing a fro'ing for 30 mins, I agree to transfer another transfer for the trailer plus petrol.

ive broken a lot of my personal rules here, and apparently he is driving to the site to pickup right now

Fingers crossed

Oh, and a funny one. I yonks ago I was selling some computer ram that I had left over, for around $25, hard to get, then some guy of indian accent calls and says he will take it, and he can meet me at the train station the next day at 5pm,

an hour before he texts saying he cant get there and can I deliver it, to postcode thats an hour drive away from me........

Perthguy likes this.
  2. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

So? Did you get the windows?!?!?!?!

3. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I like the ones where they say "Free tiles" and they are old scratched up horrible 70's tiles that are still stuck to the floor, and as anybody knows who has ever ripped up tiles, they are going to come up in a million shattered pieces and it's going to be a couple days work just to get them up. So basically the guy was advertising a bunch of smashed up ceramic pieces that you would have to dump, all for the price of 2 days labour... brilliant deal!

Or I like the ones where they'll advertise a massive palm tree for free... that's still in the ground. lol similar scenario to the tile example :p

Johnny Cashflow likes this.
  4. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

I have found some classics and posted them on Facebook. I am in Elizabeth area so it's expected. Will find them and post back soon...

This guy is straight to the point !

image.png

Gumtree is full of these ads because it's free to post.

Some of the car ads are the worst. People trying to sell their 5 year old car for $1000 less than they bought it for or what ever finance is left on it, so they can update for free lol

Last edited: 14th Nov, 2015
    TMNT, mrdobalina and Tim86 like this.
  5. Johnny Cashflow

Yea and even if you did start pulling them up the person would be like now you started you have to complete the whole job lol

Tim86 likes this.
  6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

damn, Im going to email him and now and string him along

these sort of people deserve it

7. Johnny Cashflow

Sounds like a good deal!
    image.png

hammer and Tim86 like this.
  8. Random Username

Random Username Well-Known Member

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Johnny Cashflow likes this.
  10. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

You're so cynical. You're going to miss out on money from so many Nigerian Princes with that bad attitude of yours!

11. Johnny Cashflow

This guy swapping a python for a car o_O
    image.png

12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Stinking hot day in Perth and I have an a/c advertised in gumtree $250. I got a text, is it still available? Yes. Does it work good? Yes. Will you take $100? No. My lowest price is $200. A: dam, just trying to keep the missus happy lol

Didn't hear from him again.

13. jim1964

jim1964 1941

I just bought something of Gumtree from interstate, the dude wanted me to send cash 1st, then relented to a direct bank transfer.I made him set up a paypal account so i have some protection.