Growing an idea

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Techjunkie91, 30th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Techjunkie91

Techjunkie91 New Member

Hi All,

New to the forums but have been slowly reading up on things.

I have an idea that i would like to develop in to a business. i have had many ideas over the years but they all seem to get lost in the where do i start now i have my idea.

So my question is once an idea has been born, what does someone do next?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

1. research your market - is there really a need for your product/service?
    2. build an audience (build a mailing list of people who are keen to buy your product or use your service)
    3. work out your minimum viable product (MVP)
    4. work out the resources you'll need to build your MVP
    5. build an MVP
    6. test it with some trusted customers
    7. launch it
    8. get feedback from your customers on what works and what doesn't
    9. modify it
    10. repeat steps 8 and 9

Don't leave step 2 until after you've built your product or launched your business. Build your audience first and make sure you're building what they actually want.

A.M.W likes this.
  3. Techjunkie91

Techjunkie91 New Member

Thanks for your response Simon

i will go in to a little bit more detail. my idea centers around people getting scammed around buying or selling more specifically how to minimise it.
    In 2016 45,511 people in Aus lost around 9.2 million dollars to buying and selling scams. i was one of them.

My service is away for people to buy or sell things with out the worry of either party getting scammed.

As for is there a market\people want this. or who i would be selling to, the answer really is anyone that is offering a service,buying or selling that wants to mitigate the risk of losing money.

The numbers speak, i would think at least 87K+ people from 2015/2017 who lost around 20.2 Million dollars, would have paid something, a small amount if it could have saved them from losing that amount of money.
    those figures are quoted from ScamWatch, i would be pretty confident that there would be many other people that have not reported anything.

i think where i am stuck is how to i get involved in the startup community, around funding and connecting with the correct people to get this idea of the ground.

As i have read so far, it does not matter if you have the next billion dollar idea, if you have no one that can help facilitate that idea, it will go no where