Great exhaust fans for rental - has a motion detector

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Westminster, 25th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I've just finished building 5 apartments and trying something different for the exhaust fans this time. These apartments will be part of my rental stock so I need an exhaust system that is tenant proof :p

Ventilation Systems - Motion Sensor Ceiling Mounted Ventilation Fan - Panasonic Australia

This fan turns on when someone walks in the bathroom, but begins at a low speed and adjusts higher as needed. It will continue to run after a shower until it determines that it's no longer needed - even if the person has left and turned off the light.

They cost around $280-300 plus install but it will be worth it for a system with good ventilation even though most of the bathrooms do have openable windows - one even has a pretty view

upload_2020-8-25_17-6-10.png

I thought I should share because anyone that has ever built (or renovated) to rent knows that tenants and exhaust fans aren't a match made in heaven and this will run even in summer if they don't turn on the light.

Kryys, Rothki, Stoffo and 2 others like this.