Good IP Accountant in Parramatta

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by starter, 21st Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. starter

starter Well-Known Member

Hello I am switching accountant and looking for someone who is in expert in Property Investment who has office in Parramatta. Thanks,

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

One of the best tips I share with taxpayers is that where the accountant is located is less important than their quality as a property investor, adviser and the depth of their knowledge and the ability to get simple and fast effective advice. Any tax agent will tell you they know property tax. I dont agree. I often get to fix what they started.

I would estimate I meet under 10% of clients these days. We have phone, email, video conferencing and other tools. Clients are worldwide these days. A surburban proximity to clients is old school.

kierank likes this.
  3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Agreed - why does the client need to be local. Same state helps with knowledge of land tax/ stamp duty issues but only if they don't have a decent base in that state. Someone like Paul is across multiple states.

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Only your hairdresser needs to be located near you (although some are working remotely now).

Phantom likes this.
  5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Agreed

@starter - Paul is a good start. I can recommend. He's provided me with great advice - he knows his stuff. Everything is done via email/phone.

Cheers

Jamie

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I can even put my teeth in the post/courier to my dental tech an he sends them back nicely polished. :D

Phantom likes this.
  7. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Just see Paul. Provides fabulous advice. I'm a happy client.

8. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

Paul is right next door. Cant go wrong.

And agreed location irrelevant. My largest client, a large property developer, deals with me remotely and travels to see me. Been with me for over 7 years now.

I've developed strategies that have saved him hundreds of thousands of dollars literally.

As one of my clients said to me. You have developed a business that allows you to work anywhere in the world. Thats the person who should be giving me advice how to do the same. Now he does.

Location was important 10 years ago. It isn't any longer.

Last edited: 21st Feb, 2018
    Paul@PAS and Terry_w like this.