QLD Gold Coast Property News 2017

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by big max, 1st Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh123

josh123 Well-Known Member

Hi pwt,

1. My PM charges 6.5% plus GST and 1 weeks letting fee plus GST. All other fees are waived.

2. I'm insured with EBM from memory there was no mention of an extra premium for flood insurance. A quick call would confirm.

3 & 4. Not sure

pwt likes this.
  2. big max

big max Well-Known Member

This is an example of how investing in walk up units in prime locations can make you rich. We will see more of this. It’s inevitable.

Palm Beach investors could score $1 million each for units bought as ...

Palm Beach investors could score $1 million each for units bought as low as $53k

SIXTEEN property owners at the humming suburb that is Palm Beach could well have sweaty palms as they sit by the beach and await the outcome of one of the more adventurous site amalgamations of the year.

The reason — if a buyer comes along for what is a major beachfront site, the average value of each of their holdings will approach $1 million.

One of the so-called sellers owns a unit bought for a mere $53,300 way back in 1981.​

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Jan, 2018
  3. The Gambler

The Gambler Well-Known Member

1. My PM charges 7.5% plus a small inspection fee 4 times a year and sundries (about 60 bucks a year). They aren't the cheapest but they are fantastic and have gone above and beyond several times. They are a smaller outfit and I like that.

2. If apartment complex then the Strata management/Body Corporate should take care of this. I'd ask them.

pwt likes this.
  4. pwt

pwt Well-Known Member

Do you see walk up units around Surfers Paradise and Mermaid Beach to still be good buys at the moment? In some suburbs in Sydney where there is lots of new apartment blocks, I've seen older walk up units rental taking a hit with renters preferring the new units.

Does anyone know what are the plans for the Commonwealth Games village after the games? From the official website, looks like 1170 apartments and 82 townhouses. Thinking that if all those supply hits the market next year, it should have some impact on the market, probably more on the apartments/units?

5. big max

Games village will be sold off as student accommodation I believe.

Walkups in beachside of highway locations will remain very popular I believe.

pwt likes this.
  6. pwt

pwt Well-Known Member

I think it is too big to be a student village. More likely to be sold to the market. Not trying to talk down GC market but definitely some risk to apartment market. Also, hopefully there is enough construction work around post Commonwealth games to replace those jobs.

Edit: The Commonwealth Games village will be for rented out to the public after the games and possible sale from 2019 onwards: Commonwealth Games Village

Last edited: 30th Nov, 2017
  7. Whiteman

Whiteman Well-Known Member

Commercial property heating up with interstate investors as rents on the rise, light rail into Burleigh no doubt helping as well.

Well located commercial in Palm Beach and Coolangatta should do well as the interest follows the coastline south.

Burleigh Heads is the new hotspot for ... - Gold Coast Bulletin

DEMAND is soaring for commercial space in Burleigh Heads off the back of investor appetite for beachside income-producing assets.

In the past three months McDonald House, on the corner of Park Ave and Connor St, sold for $8.3 million, and 15 James St sold for $4.24 million.

Popular food outlet Justin Lane, located at 1708-1710 Gold Coast Highway, recently signed a long-term lease at $900sq m – up from $650sq m from its last leasing arrangement.​

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Jan, 2018
    lost nomad, pwt and adam duckworth like this.
  8. tilt10

tilt10 Well-Known Member

PTW. Buying in a flood zone. Much of the Gold coast is built on a flood zone. There is no compulsion to take out flood insurance if you live in a flood zone. This a presumption pushed by many insurance companies after 2011 flood in Brisbane to keep premiums high..You may need it if you have a mortgage. Many Queenslanders believe it is compulsory and pay massive premiums. You can get insurance cover without flood cover. Hunt around. I live on the water in a flood zone and have no flood cover. Old home on magic block of land. It is not worth covering. In 25 years the water has not come within 2.5 metres of my floor.

pwt likes this.
  9. Juke007

Juke007 Member

Josh, are you able to PM me who your Property Manager is?

10. pwt

pwt Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what happened to the Waterglow development that was meant to happen on Peninsula Drive in Surfer's Paradise?

11. big max

12. big max

13. big max

14. big max

15. big max

72727775-51A8-457D-B97E-84294C528251.jpeg 93A78CDA-7937-4C7A-BDF2-D5AB61D7865E.jpeg

pwt likes this.
  16. pwt

pwt Well-Known Member

What's the chance a fast train to Brisbane will come to fruition? Will be great for GC if that gets up.

17. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

I think its certainly needed and cheaper transport as well. I am up in Brisvegas with the kids and thinking of getting the train /light rail back to Broadbeach from Central station up here will take me 2 hours and cost me nearly $20 one way.To long and expensive back in the car it is to clog up the M1 ....

18. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

Which suburbs in Gold Coast are good investments for house in the range of $300k-$350k? I am looking mainly at capital growth and decent rental yield.

19. big max

None in that price range I would think.

20. God_of_money

God_of_money Well-Known Member

May be duplex.. not free standing house.. You used to be able to buy 350k house at molendinar or labrador 3 years ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.