Gold Coast pre/post commonwealth games

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by LCK, 13th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Nice move Mel, and perfect timing! I am pretty sure there are many more who will be wanting to make a similar move to what you have, for the exact same reasons. The 550K type houses in Mermaid Waters will soon be 750K. I can see that happen pretty quickly.

I've seen a real trend of Sydney-siders who used to have an "I'd never live on the Coast" type attitude, changing to "You know what, the Coast is actually a pretty damn good place to live".

Yep, Miami is poised for a great run - tight between the two hipster suburbs of Nobbys and Burleigh. The whole strip in Miami will gentrify and hipsterize over the next 5 years - its inevitable. Organic foods, markets, cafes, trendy bars etc, all mixed with surf culture - love it :)

2. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

I admit I was one of those Sydneysiders I hated the Gold Coast at first but it is maturing and there are now cafes and restaurants that can rival Sydney. I miss Sydney and its great eats but when my tiny 2 bed apartment is worth a lot more than my 4 bed 2 bath house with a pool by the beach you will never get me back there to live.

big max likes this.
  3. Bender12

Bender12 Well-Known Member

I'm also from Sydney and have just bought a golf course front property in Robina to live in for just a tad under $1m. Never lived on the Gold Coast before and have only been there a handfull times and stayed in Surfers Paradise everytime. We initially looked at waterfronts but decided to getter a better/bigger house instead. We mainly looked at houses with the Varsity Lakes college primary school zone as we've heard it was one of the best public schools there.

Mel_C likes this.
  4. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

Yes Varsity is one of the best public schools on the coast. I too toyed with the idea of living in the catchment as I have young children so I think houses in the catchment will do well long term as many families on the coast want to go to the school . Welcome to the coast its a great place with a young family!

Bender12 likes this.
  5. Bender12

Bender12 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mel! Compared to Sydney it was a no brainer. Better weather, beach, shopping, no traffic and most importantly cheaper house prices and higher potential growth as Sydney has pretty bottomed out. The only problem is employment but the wife has got a transfer so only one of us has to find work.

Mel_C likes this.
  6. big max

7. big max