QLD Gold Coast 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by GirlPower, 3rd Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Arecaceae, Hamish84 and GirlPower like this.
  2. xactly

xactly Well-Known Member

From $3.75m to $4.3M in four months on -sell sold to Lleyton Hewitt.

Half a mil in double quick time!
    It’s in the local rag this morning.
    The GC is going crazy, we will see what happens in the long run. the GC has always been a boom and bust town

GirlPower and boganfromlogan like this.
  3. GirlPower

GirlPower Well-Known Member

The news paper also said Burleigh Heads is GC version of Bondi Beach. I tend to agree it is blue chip now and will hold up long term.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Hoping the same for Burleigh Waters. :)

Travelbug and GirlPower like this.
  5. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Burleigh heads has always been very popular with the locals, possibly the most popular suburb on the GC in the past 20+ years. I would say it's more akin to Byron than bondi. It has a similar vibe to byron with early morning yoga, beating drums on the full moon and plant based diets

Travelbug likes this.
  6. GirlPower

The bongo drum party was going off last night. I see similarities to Bondi and Byron . It’s a beautiful place that is now very busy on weekends and rich people want to live there. Not just locals .

7. Tim34

Tim34 Active Member

GirlPower and Hamish84 like this.
  8. Name

Name Member

I’ve never understood why that area is classed as Burleigh Heads. Sure it’s close to West Burleigh, but it’s a fair drive from what people typically think of when they hear Burleigh Heads.

GirlPower likes this.
  9. Momentum

Even though this thread is monitored by just 50-100 people, I will also post this here in case there's some lurking locals who can join us. For more than 12 months now we've been fighting for "Trams outta Palmy" because we don't want the light rail going through Palm Beach. It's also been sad to witness Palmy being destroyed over the last 18 months with so many high rises going up. I often see a house bulldozed and replaced with 3-4 new houses and also seen single houses replaced with 8 storey buildings. It's great for GCCC and greedy Tom Tate to receive more rateable properties but not good for our community

Please click this link, scroll down to the survey and say NO to a new 20 level high rise HOTEL planned for the corner of Palm Beach Ave and the GC Highway. It will replace THE COLLECTIVE, Highline Coffee SHop, the kebab shop and law office. The State Govt and GCCC want Palm Beach to become the next Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Burleigh and Coolangatta and fill it with high rise HOTELS. If this building is approved, many more will follow and the Palm Beach we all cherish will become the next Surfers Paradise

S&S Projects - 1128-1132 gch

10. Momentum

It should be Reedy Creek, not Burleigh. I have a client down there who has nice views overlooking the M1. It's like that pocket called Varsity Lakes on the west side of Mattocks Rd where all the houso is located

11. boganfromlogan

The light rail is a great system, as property owner next to it, I witnessed a few nimbys saying bad things during construction, but the light rail is good, but a little short in length.

It will be great when it's extended as planned, and the number of cars reduced due to patronage is great for the suburbs it goes through.

Don't be a NIMBY, electric light rail is excellent.

The ONLY negative is the transport wallers who give fines for ppl who don't have valid tickets.:(:oops:

Observer, Lindsay_W and Hamish84 like this.
  12. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

Holy hell. I never knew that existed. A little slice of Inala on the Gold Coast!

13. Hamish84

People should have a valid ticket. System doesn’t pay for itself :p

Hear, hear!

14. Hamish84

Good heavens, you’re so lucky to be getting this! What an amazing investment into your community. Just wait until it’s finished and you’ll be able to enjoy the added amenity.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  15. boganfromlogan

Yes. Other ppl.

I am a NIMBY too!!

Hamish84 likes this.
  16. Momentum

You both have nfi the problems this will cause, do some research and you will come to the same conclusion. Extending the light rail through Palmy will create huge traffic congestion, rat runs will happen in the side streets like Townson and Cypress, the highway will become 1 lane between 19th and Thrower, there will only be 2 right hand turns heading north between Thrower and the talle creek which means everyone will be doing U turns, the environment will be heavily impacted including the destruction of sacred Aboriginal areas. We already have a perfectly fine bus service that runs from the airport up the highway. Plus there's also a heavy rail extension planned along the M1 to the airport

xactly and GirlPower like this.
  17. GirlPower

No I don’t agree it’s disgusting they are going to let it be allowed to decimate Burleigh Hill and the amenity of Tallebudgera creek. It is expensive outdated technology. It makes me very sad when I swim at talle and think about the screeching light rail coming through.

Momentum likes this.
  18. GirlPower

Wow what a stupid comment. It’s not an amazing investment it’s ridiculously expensive and outdated technology.I hope you are being sarcastic :)

Momentum likes this.
  19. GirlPower

I think it’s the end for palmy whether light rail ends up there or not the precedent has already been set now. Will be very sad to lose the collective !

20. GirlPower

Same rat runs will also happen In streets of Miami

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.