VIC Glen Waverley

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Greyghost, 23rd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Well done.

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I would always go to Springvale for Viet when visiting Melbourne. Love the food. Yeah GW is out of my range.

3. 3354

3354 Active Member

Too Hot! Unless Monash Council allows you to have balconies as Open space, building townhouses are an issue due to large 75sqm open space to be allocated to each townhouse. And Monash is nt a great fan of duplex on average 15m wide sites. Buy near rail station and you have no issues- elsewhere its a lot of negotiation with Council planners.

4. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Mate - the issue is many have realised that near GW station and its a APT development or multi million dollar house....townhouses are no longer feasible within 500m of the station and touch and go within a KM.

Cheers Ivan

5. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

i visited glen for the first time in years today

I saw that new apartment block, IKON i believe its called,
    Iread somewhere on here or SS that these apartments have been a disaster for renting out, yield and CG,

I would have thought that due to its sheer hot location, and school zone etc it would be a winning formaule for logn term CG

any commetns>

6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I also walked past this house
    its literally 3 houses from that main strip of shops
    825sqm odd
    54 Montclair Avenue, Glen Waverley, Vic 3150 - SOLD Land/Development Property #501379487 - realcommercial.com.au

sold for $5m

assuming the owners had bought in the 70s-90s, well before glen waverly was on the map, how much more premium would they have paid say compared to a similar house say much further away from the strip of shops.

I wonder if any of the people with these top spots bought with this in mind? or was it pot luck?

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  7. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

what do people think of the apartments next to the glen on montclair avenuem
    its literally 1 door down from the main street,

surely location would make it a good OTP investment

btw. theyve sold out

any comments?

8. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

I walk past IKON every single week day. Although it's pretty handy for those, who need easy access to a train station, having a train station right below your apartment doesn't look good to me. Restaurants along Kingsway might be a bonus, if you are a foodie.

You are right about being in GWSC zone. But come on! Living in a small apartment as a family just to get into the school. Perhaps, lifestyle sacrifices for some families, when houses are not affordable anymore in Glen Waverley, especially around that pocket.