Ghosts

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Kelvin Cunnington, 12th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's what it comes down too i guess,your a believer or not ..
    Never seen anything move as yourself but just going back to one in that house i talked about where 2 people hung themselves ..One time while doing a re-fit on the hws on that house heard the same thud never worried about it but when i went back up to test everything one of the dogs would not enter the kitchen just stayed on the back entry deck then the other dog that mostly stayed in the truck came running and stood next to me inside the kitchen then the dog that was outside was pushed inside by what iv'e never been able to understand..

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Tell you a true story.

When I was living in Malaysia, a group of friends and myself went on a little holiday to one of the country towns. We all rented a house to stay for the night along the trip,. It seemed very cheap.

Long story short, that night we were all in the living room and we heard noises in the kitchen. We went to see what on earth was going on, when my friend and I opened the sliding door we saw frying pans getting tossed from the drawers across the room, pots were flying up, then down, then banging up and down in mid air like something had control over it, the cupboard doors were slamming open and closed. The air in the kitchen had a foul smell and felt freezing in the kitchen ( outside was like 34 degrees) We ****en bolted to the furthest room in the house and all huddled there for the night. We couldn't exactly leave then we were in the middle Of nowhere and was middle of the night.

Next morning we grabbed our things at first light and went to the caretaker to give the keys back and mention what we saw in disbelief. He started to laugh and said to my friend" madam, but this is why we rent cheap, don't you know?"

KBHV and Kelvin Cunnington like this.
  3. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    I know, right .....

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Okie dokie.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I've heard of similar experiences where pets can just sense things we often can't.

Kelvin Cunnington likes this.
  7. euro73

Next morning? I think lots of people would have bailed right there and then :)

Sackie likes this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

When your younger your more brazen and foolish. If it happened today I'd be outta there like a shot.

Re being called a liar ( I know wasn't you) it's fine to say I was mistaken for what I saw or offer any other explanation. But I saw what I saw. Fact.

9. euro73

Yeah...look this is why I dont rule these things out. Your experience was far more spine tingling than the guitar pick I saw dance about.... but I also saw what I saw....

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If you really wanna try something interesting....buy a Ouija board, get a group of trusted friends and see what happens :)

11. euro73

Yeah, that was the guitar pick thing back in the day....

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Not an argument for ghosts - just pointing out that a lot that humans once believed has since been proven wrong as science caught up with reality. Just because the science doesn't yet exist to explain the phenomenon that many have experienced, doesn't mean it's a load of baloney

wylie, truong, willair and 1 other person like this.
  13. truong

truong Well-Known Member

Keep your minds open, folks. Science has discovered plenty of stuff that’s weirder than ghosts: :eek:

- stuff that can pass through any matter unobstructed (neutrinos)
    - stuff that can make things disappear for good (black holes)
    - stuff that can be touched but not seen (metamaterials)
    - stuff that can be at different places at the same time (quantum particles)
    - stuff that has mass - huge mass! - but can’t be seen (dark matter)
    - stuff that can interact at once from vast distances (quantum entanglement)
    - stuff that appears in the way you choose it to appear (quantum consciousness)
    - stuff that continually flashes in and out of existence (vacuum birefringence)
    - etc, etc…

You even don’t need science to experience:

- stuff that’s real to you but unreal to others (dreams)
    - stuff that you clearly see after you’re pronounced dead (near death experience)
    - stuff that’s outside the realm of time and space (deep meditation)
    - etc…

Science is moving really quickly. What's weird today won't be tomorrow.

14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Even a lot of the knowledge we now take for granted - such as genetic understanding, microbial linkages, movement of dna between un-similar species (ie, bacteria dna to humans) - was only discovered since the turn of the century

wylie likes this.
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

I am open to any possibilities, but if it's so trivial to create such an incident, why doesn't someone do it with high definition video cameras and other equipment in the room which can capture the entire experience scientifically?

spludgey likes this.
  16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

17. spludgey

Science as a justification for believing in ghosts? Yeah, nah!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I think it's fascinating to look at famous ghost photos (many seem to be created by poor quality cameras, techniques used in taking the photo or processing errors). The vast majority of them are from many decades ago. If they were real, shouldn't we have seen a boom in sightings / captures (same goes for Bigfoot, UFOs, Nessie, etc).

[​IMG]

spludgey likes this.
  19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I don't especially believe in ghosts as I have never experienced them, but I leave open the possibility that they may exist. My experience is not sufficient to provide proof of non existence.

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Dec, 2019
  20. spludgey

frequency-of-miracles-cameras-invented-photoshop-invented-frequency-of-miracles-42150364.png

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    Kelvin Cunnington and geoffw like this.