Getting a real estate licence as an investor?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by ad1980, 8th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JimKate

JimKate New Member

I got my real estate investor license in the beginning, it's very helpful its enable you to use right strategies, and grow.

2. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

I thought short term holiday letting was excluded from the residential tenancies act? (in NSW at least)

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I think there's some consumer rights or something similar that you give up if you hold a license. I can't remember anything specific.

I did the Cert IV years ago but never did any assessments. The training itself was interesting and useful. There's no real benefit to actually getting the license unless you intend to use it in a professional capacity.

4. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I got my RE licence in the 1980's and had to do 3 years of Property Law, Trust Accounting etc. I also had to complete a project on a shopping complex that had just been built at Gordon, I seem to remember having to photograph it, figure out the laws regarding lifts, construction and carparking etc. - I enjoyed it.

No such training these days which is probably why there are so many complaints about PM's.

Terry_w and Archaon like this.