Generous Construction Lenders

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Barkly, 17th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Barkly

Barkly Member

Can anyone advise of lenders currently with generous serviceability? No current properties, basic PAYG with no credit card. I do have a small margin loan with shares which would be the only item that may differentiate serviceability between lenders.

I'm several months out from settlement so dont want to waste too much time with a broker currently (will look to engage 2-3 months from settlement).

Thanks1

Lindsay_W likes this.
  2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Define generous?
    For your scenario there won't be much variation between lenders, best engage a broker sooner rather than later too.

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

To figure out which lender you service best with, you need to engage a broker and get specific advice.

Realistically I agree with Lindsay. There's not going to be much variation between most lenders because the scenario is quite basic.

Lindsay_W likes this.
  4. Barkly

Barkly Member

Generous in my scenario would be borrowing capacity. I assume the treatment of margin loans/dividend income and how this is different between lenders will be the main point of difference between borrowing capacity of lenders for my situation.

5. Lindsay_W

Possibly a small variance in borrowing capacity.
    I'd honestly suggest speaking to a broker now, it's generally a good idea to work out if you can afford to borrow what you need prior to signing up for any purchase, especially off the plan stuff that requires 10% deposit at the time of signing the contract, not sure if that's the case here?

6. Barkly

Barkly Member

Thanks I guess I'll proceed with engaging a broker.

Vacant land purchase, and have pre-approval with CBA. This will lapse by the time i settle though (6 months away) however I'm looking to organise building contract prior to settling so I don't have to reapply for finance/can commence construction soon after settlement. I guess I'll get a broker to do the hard work for me :)

Lindsay_W likes this.
  7. Lindsay_W

Not too hard or much effort required on the brokers behalf so don't assume that you would be wasting their time - It's nice that you are concerned with the fact though, as most aren't :)

8. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

do u need the divs income to make it work ??
    if yes, have u got 2 yrs tax rtns for same ?

ta

rolf