Geelong units

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BallonTree, 7th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. BallonTree

BallonTree Active Member

Hi guys,

What do you think of Geelong units? Vs Norman units?

Looks like same price

2. Dave3214

Dave3214 Well-Known Member

Geelong's not got too many units in the city at this point...mainly the ones on the waterfront with the Edgewater complex and a couple of others in town. There's some smaller units along The Esplanade too in complexes of about 18-20 odd which also look out over Corio bay.

But there's a few being built as we speak, including this one near St.Mary's basilica, right next to the hospitals and near the CBD.

Vast majority of G1 Apartment buyers are from Geelong with only 20 apartments left to sell - realestate.com.au

There may be more mooted as i think the council is open to more inner city living to help the CBD grow, with restaurants and cafes hopefully filling in the empty shops that dot the CBD. The Little Malop St area west of Moorabool St though is looking promising, plenty of new eateries having opened there and it's probably the place with the best Melbourne-style vibe in Geelong. Mind you, i've not been there yet, i'm a bit too much of a cheapskate.....a Hungry Jacks Angus at 2 for $12.95 kind of sees my Norlane budget out!! :p

apk likes this.