QLD GC going strong!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nathan Simon, 20th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you in regards to moving from a lower base point. But having lived on the coast for awhile my observations point to affordable family areas being just as if not more popular than beachside. eg Mudgeereeba, varisty lakes....the GC is predominately families with not huge salaries these areas have good public schools and are appealing to them. My property further away from beach has better rental yield and had better growth. I hope Mermaid Beach goes gangbuster though!

2. skyfall

skyfall Well-Known Member

Yes that's true families want to be near schools which are mostly inland and a lot can't afford $1m+ for a house on beach side of highway. I have property on the GC but don't own anything in Mermaid Beach (yet). I was using that suburb as an example of blue chip because of the crazy prices on Hedges Avenue.

3. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

$39 a week strata, I would say there would be hardly any money in the sinking fund with levies around $470 a quarter... Rates and water is exp on the GC, yields would be average at best after costs, you'd want to be hoping for some good CG... With all these supposed building approvals maybe it is a good time to buy there, I was there yesterday, if your on the beach at Broadbeach looking for activity there is only one crane in the sky at Surfers Paradise (building called Rhapsody) and did notice one at Southport a big Meriton building when driving out...

4. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

Yep if you are going to buy a unit on the GC I would be looking for exactly what you are suggesting older style unit walk to beach. I drove by a 3 bed older style unit at burlegh heads yesterday walk to James street . No idea how much it would go for but great location. I personally though would always try stretch for a house.

Last edited: 5th Nov, 2015
  5. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Mel_C
    yes, that sounds good, plus some more good news here as well:

Disneyland will be built in COOMERA area: Is Australia about to get a Disneyland?

Westfield Mall development A decade of planning sees Coomera flourish
    So I guess it can be concluded that do not buy in Gold Coast, but buy in COOMERA, UPPER COOMERA and ORMEAU for a good CG for your portfolio this year.

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

@Tekoz your post is a bit misleading... no confirmation that a disney park WILL be built. No one knows.

7. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@LarryC I knew it from you mate and seen it as well from the other news source.
    hm.. hopefully due to the cheaper AUD$ it will be reality soon, hence that area was confirmed to be the next booming region by my buyers agent.

8. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I wish you make a lot of money there. :)

Tekoz likes this.
  9. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I would buy in Logan or the better parts of Logan (around Shailer Park, Loganholme, Tanah Merah etc), then you have the best of both worlds, a quick motorway drive into Brisbane CBD, an easy drive to Brisbane's bay side suburbs and out to Ipswich and the second Brisbane CBD at Springfield. Also access to good shops (Ikea and soon to be Costco amongst many others) and only 20 minutes down to Coomera/and or the Gold Coast on one of the best motorways in the country.

Also your closer to Brisbane's airport.

Most data I can find indicates around double the cap growth for Shailer Park v's Coomera, and I know which one has very little new land available for building o_O

Last edited: 20th Nov, 2015
    Tekoz likes this.
  10. LarryC

LarryC Member

I was wondering why I was getting alerts for my name getting mentioned in a QLD thread. lol
    Tekos, might wanna re-direct to larrylarry.

Tekoz likes this.
  11. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Ah yes, sorry mate :)

12. mcored

mcored Member

Coomera is on my radar too. Hopefully Brisbane gets the 2028 Summer Olympics.

Tekoz likes this.
  13. mitchwho

mitchwho Member

What are people's thoughts on Palm Beach?

14. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

@Tekoz I dont agree that we have come to the conclusion that Coomera is a good place to invest. @mitchwho Palm Beach walk to beach would be a good investment for the right price. The area has moved over the last year though but is popular. Like Miami it still has some affordable homes considering proximity to beach and it is gentrifying.

Tekoz and mitchwho like this.
  15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

LarryC, Tekoz and mitchwho like this.
  16. mitchwho

mitchwho Member

Cheers.

Just a curiosity question more than anything. My grandmother owns a house roughly 900m from the beach, on the canals. I have very fond memories of Palm Beach from summers growing up so I am quite bias, interesting to hear other perspectives.

17. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

The coasties in the area can get a bit feral during their gatecrashing etc... but the beaches are nice.

mitchwho and Mel_C like this.
  18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. No-one can exercise in Brisbane in summer ;)

19. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

The Queen's highlander yeah \m/ Freddie Merc & Brian May rock on this song !

Azazel likes this.
  20. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

The Sydney Olympics were in September which would be perfect for Brisbane.

Bran likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.