From 'nothing' to semi retirement mid-30's

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Somepropertyguy, 2nd Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Nice job mate!

2. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Out of interest , which suburb did you buy your properties ?.

3. boeman

boeman Well-Known Member

One of my good friends, aged 31, informed me on the weekend he is retiring before Christmas.

He and his wife bought a house in Bassendean 11 years ago when they first got out of uni, then rented it out and lived in Newman working as enviros for a mining company and paying down the house. Moved back here about 7 years ago and worked FIFO in the same roles. Mortgage free approx 12 months ago and his wife is taking a large redundancy. Plan to start a family and then one of them work eventually just part time.

So, not business owners, admittedly above average incomes though. Can be achieved once debt is gone like you said.

4. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Congratulations @Somepropertyguy on your change. Yet another example of how many innovative ways there are in forging your own way to success.... the key is you've done something about it. I should probably try and take the learning around keeping it simple!

5. Nuncasuficiente

Nuncasuficiente Well-Known Member

Do you have many employees? 200k pa is huge for a manual labor work doing only 16 hours a week!
    Congrats, great story!

6. SoroSoro

SoroSoro Well-Known Member

Right on