Freedom Property Investors

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by lightbringer, 3rd Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Exactly how much would you earn in commissions in this scenario? That is the key question here - you asserted that @Joeisagun 's comment of earning "50k or so per property" was incorrect - but my calculation shows that it's not that far off - and potentially much larger when you consider the value of the entire deal? Or did I get that wrong? Happy to be corrected here.

I'm not accusing you of anything - I'm just trying to understand how things work.

Nobody would question you charging $12K or more on a fee-for-service basis - that is fairly common in the industry. What we are trying to understand is how much you can earn from acting as a real estate agent in the deals that you put together for the purchasers?

This thread isn't about me, but whatever.

I don't give advice on property. I run a discussion forum.

No, I don't have sponsored content on the site. I do, however have advertisers and business members.

Business membership costs $1,250+GST per year or $125+GST per month - Plans & Pricing

My media kit for advertising is available here: Advertise on PropertyChat

I do not take commissions for selling real estate - indeed I am deliberately not in the real estate industry at all - I personally seek to remain independent and instead facilitate the discussion and education about real estate for the benefit of our members, while also making a living doing so.

No, as mentioned - I am not in the industry. I prefer to remain fully independent - I do not offer advice, I do not sell real estate and I do not offer professional services to investors.

I receive membership fees from my business members and advertising fees from my advertisers. What they choose to publish or advertise on my site is entirely up to them, provided that it is within the rules that I have published here: Forum Rules - PropertyChat

Any "falsehoods or misleading generalisations" are a matter of opinion. You are welcome to challenge anything that people have posted which you feel is incorrect or misleading. We are here to learn - anything you can do to help educate us is useful. We reserve the right to disagree with your assertions or opinions - that is the nature of discussion.

I receive membership fees from my business members and advertising fees from my advertisers. I do not receive any other incentives or bonuses beyond what I have published. My sources of income are completely transparent.

Was there anything else you'd like to know about my transparent business model?

2. Simon Hampel

Hang on - I thought we were having a genuine discussion about your business model to help answer the questions that people had and correct any misunderstandings or misinformation?

My questions were genuine - I am not attempting to "lay snares" any any inaccuracies are not intended - indeed that is the point - to give you the opportunity to correct any inaccuracies or misunderstandings to help educate us.

3. Scott Kuru

Scott Kuru Member

Hello Simon are you inferring we are not transparent?

You are welcome to become a Member and experience Membership yourself before sneakily and underhandedly asserting such claims.

We have a proven history of results for our Members despite your false sneaky assertions.

{promotional videos deleted}

So Simon,

I am unsure how in your mind and heart you feel justified to personally come from out of the stands and interject into this discussion personally.

I have answered all your questions with complete transparency, I have shared proven facts of our honesty, integrity and results for our 1,530 members and growing.

I am yet to understand why you have turned bully in this situation.

What have we exactly done wrong here to deserve your attacks?

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Aug, 2020
  4. Simon Hampel

I am asserting no such thing?

For some reason, you deflected the discussion back onto me - and I answered your questions with full transparency. That is the only point I am trying to make. Any inference there is yours.

FYI - I deleted your promotional videos because they don't add anything to the discussion and are against the forum rules.

Once more - I thought we were having a discussion for the purposes of education?

I'm sorry if you feel I am bullying you - I am merely trying to clarify some statements made by yourself and others to help clear up any misunderstandings or misinformation.

You are under no obligation to answer any questions asked of you - I was merely hoping we could all learn something from this - that is after all, the reason this site exists - for the education of property investors.

It seems that we've perhaps exhausted any meaningful discussion that is to be had in this topic, so I think it's best to leave it there. Thanks for your input anyway.

Has, Todd and charttv like this.
  5. Scott Kuru

Scott Kuru Member

They are not promotional videos

The are defense against your trolling attacks

I would request that you allow me to post them as they provide clear evidence of our honesty and results, something you have made a personal mission to cast doubt on

Simon?

6. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

IMHO the best located properties are in established areas ie established property. All the best seats are taken.

Not unless Sydney/Melbourne CBD moves 50km west, or the South Pacific Ocean permanently engulfs 50km of the Eastern Seaboard.

megsfan, NG., Lindsay_W and 1 other person like this.
  7. Scott Kuru

Scott Kuru Member

How are you :)

That's an interesting view. What facts and data are you basing that on?

The facts and data I have show something opposite to what you are saying.

Could you reference this for me?

Thank you,

Scott

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I can't....but I'm not a buyers agent.

What data is convincing you that buying a new H&L package in Schofields trumps buying something established in Mosman, like a 2 bed art deco apartment?

9. qak

qak Well-Known Member

@Scott Kuru I haven't seen you answer Simon's question - are his numbers in the ballpark?

charttv likes this.
  10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

@Scott Kuru can you confirm that for the members who pay the group fee of $3k that you don't get REA commission for selling them a property? You seem to imply that when you replace a REA that you can then get a REA sales commission but that would be surely working both sides of the equation?

11. Curious2019

Curious2019 Well-Known Member

@Scott Kuru - your more recent responses come off as aggressive and self righteous. No one here has made any defamatory claims against your business from what I can see. We like to discuss and learn about property and service providers on this forum and you would might even benefit from this forum if you shared knowledge rather than accusing the forum founder and members of deliberately targeting you.

Your responses are not doing you any favours or endearing any goodwill towards your business. If anything, after reading your responses to genuine and valid questions about your business model I feel more skeptical about your business than after reading the initial questions from the forum members.

From a consumer point of view your comments are damaging your business brand. I’d suggest changing your tone, be open and transparent - you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

12. Joeisagun

Joeisagun Well-Known Member

@Scott Kuru apologies if the comment was incorrect it was a back of the envelope calculation. Happy for it to be deleted.

13. Joeisagun

Joeisagun Well-Known Member

Sorry if comment out of line, family got put into a similar scheme where they shouldn’t have been so a bit sensitive.

14. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Scott,
    I am not in the real estate industry and don’t have an agenda, but it seems to come across that your response to a valid question is to either deflect with another question or play the victim.
    Referring to the numbers signed up to your community doesn’t answer the questions.

There is a great opportunity here for you if you see it, with a large community & following but as Simon has mentioned you need to convince a generally higher educated than average real estate community.

As in many different areas of life, there are always opportunities, but those that focus on playing the victim &/or hard done by card generally won’t see them & will miss those opportunities.

Bill96, Has, Lindsay_W and 3 others like this.
  15. Heather Edwards

Heather Edwards New Member

Hi, I have just signed up to Freedom Property investors and so far have only had a couple of phone calls, I came across this forum as I suppose I am having cold feet and getting nervous. do I want to invest in property and get some financial security, of course but am I scared of loosing money and ending up in a worst case than I am now, definitely. I am not a high income earning like Scott said most of their members are, I understand their are guarantees in life, but I suppose I'm just trying to find if I'm "safe" to continue.
    The question regarding OTP vs existing, I understand that their are benefits over buying an older home but what about something that is new turn key over OTP? They are definite risks to buying off the plan as well, the developers could go bust or a partnership could fall apart. There is a block of land that apartments are supposed to be built on near me that was started many years ago and is still a hole in the ground, the ownership has changed hands multiple times. I was offered to buy into this off the plan around 5 years ago and I'm glad I turned it down.
    How can rent be guaranteed, who guarantees it? Who pays the rent if the place is empty?
    Scott, once I have paid my membership are there any other fees I will need to pay over the years. If my property is earning $450 a week in rent does that whole amount come to me or does Freedom Property take a percentage.
    I have a friend that has 11 property that he has purchased himself and he has advised me to do my research.
    I would love to hear from anyone that is or has been involved with Freedom Property Investors, and I also thank Scott for commenting here.

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Aug, 2020
    megsfan, Tricky Nan, Bill96 and 2 others like this.
  16. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

What's your budget?

megsfan likes this.
  17. Heather Edwards

Heather Edwards New Member

I have no idea, I would have to find out what our borrowing capacity is.

megsfan likes this.
  18. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Well I'd work out what it is before you do anything else. Once you do, read forum posts intensely. Personally I'd buy an established property in a good suburb, one with good bones but could do with a renovation.

Dave Radelaide and craigc like this.
  19. Chris s

Chris s Active Member

Hi,

I heard someone talking about rental guarantees on a podcast the other week.
    Not sure of the details but this one only kicked in after 3 months and they had to accept any rental price and the 3 months reset each time it was resented so they never got to use it anyway.
    I would assume if rental guarantees are offered they are built into the pricing anyway (E.G. you are paying for it anyway)?

Right property group, 19 minutes in
    Buyer beware – a beginner investor’s expensive lesson

EDIT:fixed link

Last edited: 22nd Aug, 2020
  20. jane_c

jane_c Active Member

Suggest you educate yourself before signing or doing anything else. Research this site. Good luck.

James Green likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.