Free WA Workshop - Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Ketsle, 19th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

There is an upcoming half day workshop discussing Australia's private rental Market with special guest speaker Hon Peter Tinley AM, Minister for Housing; Veterans Issues; Youth. among other intellectuals.

I'm unable to make it given it's during work hours however someone in WA might be able to! BCEC provide really good reports and data on all facets of the Aus/WA economy and the best thing...its free!

Link below
    Australia's Private Rental Market: Quality, Security and Affordability - BCEC

charttv likes this.
  2. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

I'd also recommend signing up to their newsletter. They provide monthly market updates covering employment, consumer confidence, GDP growth etc etc and other economic indicators

3. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I might end up going. I'm off from work that day.

I've been to similar talks though and I doubt it has much in terms of useful information from an investment point of view though.

4. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

Yeah I know what you mean and was thinking the same thing. However you never know they could drop something in that you hadn't thought about regarding policy or forecasts that just might make it worth it. Nothing to lose but your time :)

5. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Ha true, so yeah I'll consider registering.

I'm not expecting much though. I've been part of the consultation groups for WA housing and tenancy law reform actually (I personally made some of the suggestions put into the latest round of tenancy Act amendments for example), and some of the things that happen in that space are probably less rigorously thought out than most people realise.