VIC Frankston

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bbmick, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Even though the article focuses on investors, I take this as a sign that there are more O/O's entering the market - good! Actually, I wouldn't mind having a little brick 2 bedder near the beach/close to town. Units certainly maintained their value during the 2012 dip. I guess now is the time to go for units since houses are still at the top of most shopping lists.
    Interesting that units are doing well in Frankston. Part of the gentrification the process I suppose.

Matt Harrison likes this.
  2. GoneFishing

GoneFishing Well-Known Member

The Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment will fire things up nicely. Frankston reminds me of how St. Kilda and Elwood used to be. Used to be scum 15 years ago - those old enough will remember what it was like. Hookers on every corner, druggies everywhere, drunks littered through the parks. Frankston was never THAT bad. But try and buy there now! I realise proximity to the city is closer, but it's not all about the city. Won't be long before living in Frankston will be fashionable and everybody wants to live there, especially young people who can't afford living inner city or close to the beach. It's already changing big time and offers an unbelievable investment opportunity.

About the project
    The Frankston Station Precinct Taskforce has commenced work on a fast-tracked master plan for the Frankston Station precinct.
    A master plan will explore the following:
    • a state-of-the-art transport hub
    • a permanent Victoria Police presence
    • a new retail and café strip and multi-level car park
    • a commercial hub for local businesses and entrepreneurs, developed in partnership with Chisholm Institute
    • coordination with the proposed Chisholm Institute redevelopment.
    The State Government's $50 million commitment is in addition to $13 million already allocated to improve the Frankston Station precinct.

KMD, ross100, WattleIdo and 1 other person like this.
  3. ross100

ross100 Well-Known Member

Hi
    When do you think it is going to start

4. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Welcome back! Good to see you finally found the new forums.

5. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Depends on the specific pocket I think.

We just went unconditional on one in Frankston South and the agent asked me seriously if I'd consider selling it straight away as he'd had many enquiries on it during the "subject too time period"....could just be his ploy to make me feel good but I sort of believe it

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

Replacement for the Tree Of Life has just been installed.

Something for Frankston to be proud of..................Yes or No ?

[​IMG]

S.T likes this.
  7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

What the .......?

8. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

That sounds promising. Franga Sth is more tightly-held I guess. I'm near Fr Sth - off Heatherhill. Still plenty of family homes on the market atm but hopefully this will change soon.

9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Wondering the same thing. Hope the wait is because of all the wonderful changes that are going to occur. Something to move Frankston out of that 'Better call Saul' kind of setting. :cool:

10. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Shiny? 8th dwarf has been found in Franga

11. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be snobbish, but are u kidding me??

WattleIdo likes this.
  12. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Ridiculous.

The tree of life was quite beautiful...soothing, graceful.

Garden gnomes are totally kitch and no class...probably an apt symbol for the area it is being installed in.

Visitors from other Countries (or even other States) are going to drive past and see that and go; "WTF?" as well they should.

sauber likes this.
  13. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

I know I should be contributing something more worthwhile..............but, it seems the locals (I assume) think that the new gnome should have some friends :D

[​IMG]

JacM, WattleIdo and Natedog like this.
  14. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

They have also commenced the new yacht club on the foreshore and the south east water building looks as though it's nearing completion. a big tower is going to be built opposite the quest at some stage in the future also.

Frankston has all the right ingredients. The street scape has changed over the last 12 months, slowly, but it is happening. If they expand Bayside shopping centre to a larger centre like a Westfields I think it will be a massive draw card for the area and seal the deal.

WattleIdo likes this.
  15. A&J

A&J Member

What's peoples thoughts on a bigger strip from Langwarren to Seaford for example?

I've been looking between Langwarren, Frankston (Karringal), Carrun Downs & Seaford.

Carrum Downs still looks pretty affordable but what will happen with all that farming land at the back of it all? I think Frankston still has that rep of living to close to the (Frankston) CBD.
    I'm currently leaning more towards Langwarren (Near the high school area) of a PPR or IP..

16. Jonril

Jonril New Member

WattleIdo likes this.
  17. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Yeah....uh huh.....and where do you live?

Must be somewhere flash with that level of sophistication in your post....

Lol!

Pissa!

:)

PS just realised you are from Frankston!

Jonril likes this.
  18. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I prefer Jonril's gnome to the others! Does anyone understand what this gnome thing is about? So white bread. Think I'd rather see a statue of a bogan on a tucker-box. Here I am hanging out for some plans or pics of the new trendy Frankston. ..:eek::(:mad:

19. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

High school area is always good if you don't want central. Just be aware that your neighbours or tenants will be families.

20. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

I've been telling you guys to replace this thread with a Berwick one for years!!!! After listening to Piemans uneducated nonsense comparing Berwick to Frankston.... and how Berwick is essentially Koo Wee Rup with no trainline :confused:. Well...

This just sold for 906k http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-berwick-120059169

Will be interesting to see what that Mereweather one in Frankston goes for.