Foxtel Movies I've watched last week, and enjoyed!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Pumpkin, 13th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

Just sharing two movies we watched last week, they are really nice and a breath of fresh air....

- A Star is Born (We have well-past Lady Gaga's era but her performance is brilliant here!)

- Searching (For those not-too-fuss-about-social-media). :p

2. Rugz06

Rugz06 Well-Known Member

I watched American Animals a few days back and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Its a true story, but had many elements to it. Definitely recommend.

Other recent ones that aren't so main stream
    Tag and Game Night. Re-watched them a number of times over the past few months. Easy to watch and funny.

Pumpkin likes this.
  3. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

Trying to revive this thread.....
    Please share what you’ve watched and enjoyed.....

I’ll have to trace me List and post later LOL

4. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Check out Whiplash, on the face of it it's a movie I wouldn't go near. It's about an aspiring Jazz drummer (I hate jazz), and reads like it would be quite slow.

I put it on just to watch the start and see how it shaped up, ended up glued to the set the whole way through. Phenomenal movie, forget the subject topic, it's more about dreams, sacrifice and bullying. JK Simmons is unbelievable in it, Academy award nominee for that role if I recall?

5. Propagate

...and for the polar opposite of Whiplash, I watched the live action 2014 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the other night (don't judge me haha). There was nothing else on Netflix that tickled my fancy so gave it ago, actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Produced by Michael Bay, (same guy that did the Transformers movies), if you liked those you'll the the turtles, similar style and effects.

6. Propagate

On a roll now... you can't go wrong with any of the Peter Berg/Mark Whalberg colabs, like Patriots Day, Deepwater Horizon and Lone Survovor (all based on true stories).

Plus my all time hero Stallone, every few years I re-watch all the Rockies, Rocky I & II are absolute masterpieces. I've get Copland lined up again for sometime on the next week or two, fantastic movie.

The last year or so we've been going back and re-watching several movie series in order in one go, been great as things have made much more sense watching them again in quick succession. Like all the Aliens, Terminators etc. Got the Chris Nolan Batmans to start on again soon and just need to plug few Star wars holes in the DVD collection then will watch all those in order.

If you want some inspitration for a list to make, have a look on National Geographic Ctahup TV channel for a series called "The Movies", each decade covered by 2 episodes, heaps of movies highlighted, wish Id made a list as we'd watched it, forgotten most of the ones I wanted to see.

7. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Not sure if it's been posted already but ''True Detective '' is one that i watched yesterday for 521 minutes and was one of the best music acting i have watched in a long time..
    True Detective - Wikipedia