Forrestfield/High Wycombe - Dual Density Restrictions

Discussion in 'Development' started by Aaron Lane, 15th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

I'll drop in on Monday and see if I can get any more information.

ppnuwan likes this.
  2. ppnuwan

ppnuwan Well-Known Member

I can no longer see Amendment 82 document in above page; which kind of suggests that they're re-writing it. I'm going to give Shire a call to get some more information on this; will keep you guys posted.

Big Daddy and Ambit like this.
  3. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

Ok bear with me, I'm doing this without my glasses. :rolleyes: Just called in to shire. They hope to have draft policy to council in May.
    She did say the feedback from WAPC was to make it easier to qualify for the higher density.
    They hope to get it back to WAPC by end of July.
    If changes are 'significant ' they will seek public input. Community meetings would be held after it goes to the council in May.
    I think she said someone can't remember if she said who but a councillor is pushing for meetings.
    She also said a letter would be going to submitters from last time but not necessarily to every landowner. So keep watching the website, local press. I think that was about the meetings and/or feedback.

ppnuwan and Perthguy like this.
  4. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

So I guess this is kind of positive as long as I don't die of old age in the meantime.

ppnuwan likes this.
  5. ppnuwan

Same feeling here mate.. I'm barely surviving under my wife's continuous scrutiny over 'keeping the promise of a new home'.

Ambit likes this.
  6. ppnuwan

Talked to shire and it's good news..! From what I could gather from the lovely planning lady, following changes to Amendment 82 are likely to happen.

1) Demolishing existing house - this condition is going to be amended as to 'upgrade existing house to match with new development'
    2) 1,000 m2 restriction - this will be released considering case by case. For mixed developments (i.e. one two storey house and one single storey) they're going to be flexible on this condition

Above two are the most crucial issues that matter for most of us so I thought you'd like to know..

However she doesn't want to be 'certain' on any of above information so you will have to wait until May when council announces the changes. I'm a happy man after a while..!!

Ambit and Big Daddy like this.
  7. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

The split coding policy goes to council in the first week of June so it should be made public around that time on their website.

Ambit and Perthguy like this.
  8. Big Daddy

Changes proposed by WAPC and due to be endorsed by council tommorow night

The removal of a number of criteria development must satisfy when the higher density code is applied for, namely:
    o The existing building to be demolished.
    o Stormwater drainage demonstrating compliance with the R Codes.
    o A least half of the buildings assessed at R40 being multi storey.
    o Dwelling design to be orientated to address the public street.
    o Landscaping elements to enhance the development and streetscape
    o Limiting vehicle access to the site, including the number of crossovers.
    o Provision of on street parking.
    o Design requirements for onsite visitor parking.
    • The removal of the requirement for development to be constructed to plate height for the purpose of subdivision applications at the higher density code

But if the parent lot is less than 1000sqm and does not have 2 street frontages and you dont want to amalgamate:
    i. The development is designed to accommodate a mixture of dwelling types and shall include two or more types of dwelling as defined by the R Codes and at least one dwelling in the development is two storeys,

I think you also need 1.5kw solar panels, and also 3000L rainwater tank if the lot is >300sqm

Attached Files:

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2017
  9. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

This is a great dose of info, Tano. Thanks for the update.

I actually think this is quite detailed and would be surprised to see it sail thru SPC. I cant see how Kalamunda can expect to mandate things like water tanks and PV arrays - but allowing a mix of dwelling types to trigger development under 1000sqm is a great idea and certainly a new way to approach smaller lot development.

I think it might force community title to the forefront. I cant see how you could pre-sale a single bed or three bed townhouse amongst a multi-dwelling development.

The build strata condition removal is a good one. This is an unnecessary archaic double protection that can sink a development before it's even approved.

10. Jags Patel

Jags Patel Member

Hi All,
    I am new to this area but i have two property in high wycombe area...
    One is in peter road with size around 960sqm and one is kiandra way with size around 920sqm..

both are not corner block...
    can i develop this property or no ?
    Pls give me some ideas !!!

11. Big Daddy

Are they recently proposed to be rezoned dual density? Check maps on kalamunda website. If so then yes you can get higher zoning for a triplex site if one dwelling is two storey plus a few other minor restrictions

12. Jags Patel

Jags Patel Member

Thanks a lot for all your information ..
    one have 955sqm with R25 zoning -- can i subdivide in triplex this ?
    one have 920 sqm with R25/R40 zoning - can i subdivide in triplex this ?

13. Big Daddy

First one is duplex right now
    Second one is triplex once the TPS is legislated (6 plus months) and only if one or more of the three dwellings are two storey.

If you like you could go for single bedroom dwellings (SBD) of max internal size 70sqm and get triplex on both now . See other threads for SBDs in this forum. But best to wait and not do SBDs if you can help it

14. ppnuwan

Some great information here.. I couldn't see this published in Council website yet though.. After reading here and there, I have a question.
    Some sections of the documents talk about 'two public road frontages' while some say 'two frontages to public streets'. Both seem quite similar but what happens if it's a corner block with the same public street. In my case that's actually the case. The street takes a 90 degree bend at my property and goes around it making it a corner lot. Obviously I've got two frontages but to a single public street, not two. Will this be an issue at all?

15. Big Daddy

No .not an issue if you use both frontages

ppnuwan likes this.
  16. Big Daddy

Hi Guys, there are meetings this week
    Information evenings are be held between 6:00 and 7:30pm as follows:

48 Canning Road, Kalamunda
    Date: Wednesday 19th July 2017

200 Newburn Road, High Wycombe
    Date: Thursday 27th July 2017

88 Hale Road, Forrestfield
    Date: Thursday 3rd August 2017

Dual Density Codes (Amendment 82)

17. Big Daddy

Is anyone getting low 7%'s incl GST for management fees in High Wycombe/Kalumunda and if so, who with?
    LJ Hooker Kalamunda was 8.5%+GST and Centurion wont release their fees until i meet up with them at the house. Still waiting for Professionals- Stirling Clark.

18. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Update - the single bed clause is just you must have a one bedroom as part of the mix- in any format. So can be part of the overall multi dwelling.

19. Big Daddy

2 Years on and this **** is still not resolved.

Local Planning Policy P-Dev. 54, Dual Density Design Guidelines
    I wish to advise that (the Dual Density Design Guidelines (Local Planning Policy) will be discussed at the (November) Public Agenda Briefing Session. You are encouraged to attend.
    Date: 14th November 2017
    Venue: City of Kalamunda Council Chambers - 2 Railway Road, Kalamunda
    Commencing: 6:30pm
    A copy of the report and recommendation is available in the Agenda the Wednesday prior to the meeting on the website: www.kalamunda.wa.gov.au. Hard copies are also available at the Administration, 2 Railway Road in Kalamunda. It is recommended to review the report before coming along to the Public Agenda Briefing Session.
    Following the Public Agenda Briefing session the proposal will then be formally considered by Council at its Ordinary Council Meeting on Monday 28th November 2017 commencing at 6:30pm.
    If you wish to address the Council on this item, you can request a 10-minute deputation for the Public Agenda Briefing Session and/ or the Ordinary Council Meeting. A written request needs to be submitted to the Chief Executive Officer a minimum of one (1) business day prior to the meeting. Alternatively should you wish to ask questions of Council and Staff on this item please arrive at 6:15pm to register your details.
    Please note, you can contact us at any time if you have questions.
    Should you have any difficulty in accessing a copy of the report, please call 9257 9876.

Perthguy likes this.
  20. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

I went in to the admin to get a copy, they didn’t have any but the planner printed off one for me.

I asked him if they were still on track to have it done and dusted by the end of the year and he said the minister had come back with some very minor changes and once they were made and it was submitted the minister should sign off on it within a couple of weeks. Here’s hoping.

Perthguy likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.