Forrestfield/High Wycombe - Dual Density Restrictions

Discussion in 'Development' started by Aaron Lane, 15th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ppnuwan

ppnuwan Well-Known Member

I think if we can pressure WAPC regarding these stupid conditions there might be a chance of getting a resolution quickly.. (I already sent them an email.) Since WAPC has approved Train station to Forrestfield/High Wycombe now it's their responsibility to make-sure that the trains get enough crowd to make the whole development sustainable. Lots of parties oppose Airport link project so WAPC is under pressure to prove them wrong. They better pressure Kalamunda shire to make dual density policy to be flexible to ensure a significant new crowd coming to the shire who will hopefully be using train to commute. These two concepts (airport link and dual density) actually serve each other if the Shire stops acting dumb..

Ambit and Perthguy like this.
  2. ppnuwan

Kalamunda shire is worried that it has got significant 'aged' population (which could be unsustainable in long run). If they stick to 'old school' concepts of keeping 'village like atmosphere' without encouraging subdivisions they are actually encouraging aged people, not young. Yet, they expect 'young' new comers migrating to the shire.. Seriously..?

Ambit and Perthguy like this.
  3. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Good points pnnuwan
    Seems like a charade with a waste of tax payer dollars and time couldn't have been spent somewhere else. Seems like they had appear like they were doing something in regards to directions31 and the new train line but implemented a solution which will leave the shire in the same state. There will be no or little development of the only option is amalgamate.

The 50% two storey requirements for housing diversity sound like Bull. Housing diversity is having a mix of 2 or 3 or 4 bedroom houses and apartments and aged care with different facades. If we all build 4x2 two storey which is allowed in their policy then were is the diversity?

Make sure you tell anyone who lives in the shire to vote online on the shires website

Bob Malpass and ppnuwan like this.
  4. ppnuwan

Most of the conditions in amendment 82 are silly, they are from someone who has no common sense let alone having any idea about developments.
    As you say, I'll talk to my neighbors and see what they have to say.. Even if we are in to amalgamation there is a very good chance that the neighbor is not at all keen on the idea..

Bob Malpass likes this.
  5. ppnuwan

Thanks to shire's announcement, Forrestfield Median house price has been dropped from 462,000 to 448,000 within a month.. That's the worse fall of Median house price in Forrestfield since 2011..!

6. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

Simply a correction for what has been an over priced market. Watch all the "development" sites now sit on the market.

7. Aaron Lane

Aaron Lane Member

Hi ppnuwan & Jamie,

First off ppnuwan is right in that our market has fallen and massively due to the shires announcements, (while the rest of Perth was falling Forry/Wycombe held good prices as buyers saw future potential) the price drop has been approx 5%, id encourage people to avoid using "median" prices as it is a very arbitrary number.

ppnuwan likes this.
  8. Aaron Lane

Aaron Lane Member

Hi Everyone,

Please see attached the letter that I propose we submit to the shire please give me feedback, and thoughts.

Attached Files:

Liz Sterzel and Bob Malpass like this.
  9. Big Daddy

That's good
    I would make the point the demolition of existing should be on a case by case basis and if the existing house elevation is satisfactory or can be fixed up satisfactory then it should stay.

Also refer to their local housing strategy. They want housing diversity and less large 4x2s. If I'm forced to build 2 storey then it's very likely I will build a 4x2

Their case for two story is they want more space for landscaping and alfresco living areas and housing diversity which is a pile of horse crap.

10. ppnuwan

I think it's well written, I also sent an email which is bit more emotional (well.. I let my anger pour in to words.. LOL)

11. Big Daddy

ppnuwan likes this.
  12. Liz Sterzel

Liz Sterzel Member

@Aaron Lane, would like to use your submission if you don't mind. It's well written and covers the salient points.

13. ppnuwan

You better do it quick.. 4th March is the last day..

14. ppnuwan

Any updates guys..? Any news from Shire's side (insider information perhaps)?

15. Aaron Lane

Aaron Lane Member

Of course feel free to use it thats why I posted it :)

16. ottg

ottg Well-Known Member

Just read through this entire thread - what a learning experience. Since the Shire's rezoning proposal already started in 2008 and with their own internal approval process, the WAPC's approval and final submission to the Minister, all takes a longtime but it's anyone's guess how long. It seems anywhere from 5 to 12 years. There are many forces in play and it's very difficult, if not impossible, to predict when is the best time to invest before rezoning is finally approved. If you are a homeowner in those areas you have the time to wait for final approval.

My questions as a potential investor:
    a. What will be your best strategy under such circumstance and high level of uncertainty?
    b. In your opinion what will be the optimum time to invest taking into account the time value of money, holding costs and premium payable to get a block
    c. As the market already discounted the premium payable as rezoning starts to realize over time, how big a role does timing then plays
    d. Doing a quick feaso on point b will be of no value as you dont have the facts and its all based on guesses/high uncertainty/high risk, while doing a feaso on point c is more valuable
    e. How will that be different for the larger developers with deep pockets?

Would like to hear your opinions!

17. Aaron Lane

Aaron Lane Member

Hi All,

Just so you are all aware, the shire will be having a special meeting in the near future (with in 2 months) to vote on scheme amendments, this meeting is open to the public and is our chance to get the 1000sqm removed, and substituted how WE want to see it work. ill keep you updated when I get an actual Date/Time.

ppnuwan, Big Daddy and Ambit like this.
  18. Aaron Lane

Aaron Lane Member

Hi All,

The special shire meeting will be on the, 20th June 7:15pm, at the council chambers admin office in kalamunda. Every member of the public will be allowed 10mins to have their say.

ppnuwan likes this.
  19. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually spoken to the planners and asked what their views were on it all?

20. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

I would speak to the individual councillors who will be voting on this at least a week or two before the meeting. By the time the meeting is happening it is almost to late. If you can get them on side prior then you will have a chance of influencing the decision.

Big Daddy likes this.