Floorplan ideas

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by georgeap, 16th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. georgeap

georgeap New Member

Hi All,

Looking at this potential property - quite large but not a great floorplan.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated - also I really don't need 5 bedrooms, so making existing rooms bigger is a preference.

upload_2019-9-16_14-59-16.png

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Why are you considering purchasing this house? Is it to live in or as a rental or to flip for instant profit?

Where is a door onto the balcony?

Last edited: 16th Sep, 2019
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

On the left hand side, you can remove the bar and the walls between the meals area and the living rooms, unless others on this forum suggest keeping two living areas. But ditch the "bar".

Is the ceiling height downstairs tall enough to rent out the downstairs rumpus and bedroom as a separate studio? If so, a fireproof layer between the two floors and you have a separate income producing studio if you add a small kitchen and bathroom downstairs.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

The upstairs bathroom is weird. You can relocate it to the back of bedroom 4 (create a larger bathroom too) and make bedroom 3 wider. Then combine bedrooms 2 and 4 into one much larger room. Moving internal walls is usually cheap and easy.

Last edited: 16th Sep, 2019
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Hmmm do we have a budget or any preferences?

If you give me unlimited budget this is what I'd do :)

1. take out the wall between the kitchen and the dining and make the kitchen larger
    2. take out the wall between the dining/lounge and the meals
    3. In bed 1 get rid of the WIR and make the ensuite all the way across the space of the current WIR and ensuite.
    4. To create a WIR for Bed 1 knock a whole in the wall next to the ensuite into Bed 5 and steal half that room for a nice WIR
    5. Give the other half of Bed 5 to Bed 4
    6. Make the ground floor bathroom larger so it's a decent size - steal space from the laundry.

I see this is in Melbourne and therefore I assume this is framed internally but looking at this style and room configuration it gives me a vibe of 1960s Italian architecture and they did like a lot of brick and concrete. If so it might not be so easy to move stuff around if that upper slab if concrete and it's brick internal walls.

Zizi, significance and Angel like this.
  6. Paul Mete

Paul Mete Well-Known Member

I concur with Westminster.

The only variation might be to make your Master bigger by pushing both the WIR and ENS into Bed 5 possibly giving a fraction of Bed 5 to Bed 4.

The place seems big enough just a little to segmented.

PAUL

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Sep, 2019