Flat Earthers, Covid and Other 'Conspiracies"

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by skater, 27th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Hubby watches some really strange things sometimes. Anyway.....he saw a show about Flat Earthers the other day and called me in to see some of the strange theories. Best of all was when they paid $20k for a gyroscope to prove that the earth really is flat. No matter what they did, it proved them wrong......yet they still persisted in their beliefs.

It just reminded me of all those who still think that Covid is a world wide conspiracy of some sort.

Ronen, Propin and gman65 like this.
  2. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Flat earthers had a real set back recently when someone pointed out following on their Twitter bio:

“Flat Earth society has offices all around the world.”

datto, Gockie, skater and 1 other person like this.
  3. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

The well known 9-11 truther documentary Loose Change.

4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I was sitting in the blood bank this morning, a little board, and came up with a theory all of my own!

COVID is real, but it was manufactured in a lab for the specific goal of destabalising world economies. Australia's recent outbreaks are deliberate attempts to reinfect the population. Not for culling purposes, but to cause ongoing instability. Obviously the vaccines aren't microchipped, but they do contain an isotope enabling the overlords to detect were the slaves are.

Naturally the overlords are the Lizard People. No, the Earth isn't flat, because the centre of the Earth is the Lizard People's domain. They don't come from outter space, that's the domain of the Greys.

datto, Stoffo and captain starlight like this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

So where do the Scientologist fit into all this?

datto likes this.
  6. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

II have a pet theory that there are wormholes (in the astrophysics sense) under our beds and inside washing machines. Nothing else can explain how fluff builds up under a bed and it also explains how individual socks move from the washing machine to under the bed. Unfortunately worm holes operate as a quantum system thus the routing from the washing machine to under the bed often malfunctions and deposits socks under beds far distant from those where the washing machine is located. The limited capacity of the worm hole also means that only single socks can be transported at the one time.

Ronen, Angel, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  7. George Smiley

The one on Netflix right? Look up Mad Mike Hughes who paid with his life trying to prove the earth was flat (video is on youtube). He had a home made rocket constructed to launch him up into the atmosphere high enough for him to visually survey the horizon to see if it was circular or flat. The parachutes designed to get him safely back to earth tore off the rocket at the start of the launch and the Mike came crashing back to earth in the rocket. The world is still round but Mike is now flat.

There's one conspiracy theory that I may have fallen victim to- the 2001 invasion of Iraq was based on maintaining the USD as the worlds' reserve currency and that Saddams' wanting to price oil in Euros was a threat to that and was the real reason for invasion. I have major doubts on it now.

Last edited: 27th Jul, 2021
    wylie, Lizzie, kierank and 1 other person like this.
  8. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Winner of the Darwin Award.

skater likes this.
  9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I would like to propagate the following conspiracies:
    • WFH is a conspiracy to keep all of the ugly people out of the office :oops:
    • Fostered by the fast food industry & delivery drivers as a job creation scheme
    • Provides a shot in the arm for pharmaceutical research organisations
    • It's an ego trip by accounting bodies to restructure the economy

skater likes this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Haha, love it.

11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the one. Made by a guy who lives at home with his Mummy. He's a real catch! I think it was called Beyond the Curve, or similar.

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You must have a different worm hole system than the one operating at my house. I find that once a single sock is transported via worm hole, it never returns home.

Stoffo likes this.
  13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I could see the possibilities of this.

Then you added the below.

14. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Oooh I have a little treat for some of you.

Did you know that central to a lot of flat earthers' beliefs is that Australia doesn't actually exist? Our country is apparently made up to trick people into believing the earth is round and any Aussie ever seen on tv or whatever is an actor who's a part of the conspiracy.

I'm serious, I came across this one day and ended up watching 2 or 3 different videos with their version of why Australia doesn't exist.

Incredible. Mindboggling but incredible

wylie and George Smiley like this.
  15. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Really? Wow, I just don't know what to say to that.

16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well - I do admit that, on occasion, I can be "off with the fairies" ... but to be existing in a non-existent nether world of imagination is wild even by my standards. Could be fun

17. SatayKing

In the far, far distant past it depended on what one was inhaling or ingesting. Now it permeates the permeable membrane of the atmosphere through osmosis.

At least that was what I was told.

Lizzie likes this.
  18. George Smiley

It would make more sense for them to just say that Australia doesn't exist as a continent but rather a landmass attached to Asia though, in Truman show like-fashion, we locals don't realise it. This way they can maintain their flat earth belief and we are all just unwitting occupants rather than active conspirators in the millions.

On a different topic, there's been a lot of UFO/UAP stuff being covered by the media recently regarding US Air Force and Navy sightings. There's an excellent skeptic on youtube called Mick West who finds very credible, rational and mundane explanations to these things which at first appear other-worldly and fantastical.

SatayKing likes this.
  19. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I know many live in the same area as me, near M2 car park at North Rocks, there's now some graffiti about how Covid is a scam by Microsoft. Apparently, the author is "110% sure of it"!

20. SatayKing

Coincidence you mention that. Professor Brian Cox has expressed an opinion we are the only intelligent life form in this galaxy but doesn't dismiss the possibility there are others outside of ours. Not a person to given to flights of fancy I understand.

As for conspiracy groups, although I find them funny and totally off their faces, they do have the ability to do a fair amount of damage.

See Change, Lizzie, skater and 2 others like this.