Fixed Rate loans..........

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Rolf Latham, 19th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. milobear

milobear Well-Known Member

Was with ANZ, each bank would have a different formula but @big_ben02 pretty much summed it up.

2. Observer

Observer Well-Known Member

0.15% looks really cheap. I fixed 1 year ago for 3 years at 3.89% OO PI. With two years remaining I’m now considering whether to give them a call as that pricing is really cheap. How can they possibly do it that cheap?

3. Observer

Just gave cba a call (1:15hr to get through) and they quoted me the break fee that’s approx. 1.8% of the loan amount. Still wondering how @big_ben02 got 0.15%?

KingBendtner likes this.
  4. Observer

Done quick calculation, even with that break fee if I were to break now and refix at 2.29% for the next two years I’d still be ahead by about $5300 over the 2 year period. Also, cba said that the break fee can be capitalised in the loan which is convenient as I was under impression that it had to be paid in cash/from transactional account.

Will give it some thought. But appears to be a no brainer even at that break fee.

5. Yson

Yson Well-Known Member

Just checked with cba, investment io is 2.89 n pi is 2.69 for 1 2 3 yr, now thinking whether I should go for io or pi

Observer and wilso8948 like this.
  6. Clive Palmer's Yacht

Clive Palmer's Yacht Well-Known Member

Surely if CBA are saying they'll capitalise the break fee into the loan principal that's new lending = a full credit assessment?

I'd be up for it with some of my fixed P&I PPOR loans, but ING still applying 8% assessment rate I was told (!) Doubt I'd pass serviceability.

7. Ian87

Ian87 Well-Known Member

Can happen mate, I had a break fee of around $400 when I called once, left it a few weeks before going ahead and it was almost $5k. 1 interest rate drop can make a big difference.

8. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

That is what I see all the time. Its a study in human nature. People are only happy when they feel like they are getting a good deal the actual number is not as important.

9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

2.29%'s a deal of a lifetime OR..

[​IMG]

Ketsle and Never giveup like this.
  10. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Nope as it's a fee

Observer likes this.
  11. rksing

rksing Well-Known Member

Would they still capitalise it (without some sort of assessment), if it took the LVR past 80%?

12. Observer

They said if the break fee is less then the amount already paid on the loan. So, technically no new lending I suppose.

13. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

NAB fixed rate announced today :

Access fixed home loan rates of 2.39 per cent p.a. for 1-year, 2.29 per cent p.a. for 2- and 3-year, and 2.79 per cent p.a. for 5-year (owner-occupier P&I), effective March 25. First home buyers will have access to a rate of 2.19 per cent p.a., fixed for two years. This delivers reductions of between 10 and 60 basis points.

These rates are underwritten by the RBA injection and only apply to owner occupied

14. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Nothing spesh for investors?

15. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

No. The stimulus funding to banks is clearly not for investors as the Commonwealth are funding much of this. Its to assist those personally impacted and small - medium impacted businesses.

I would argue that a investor who seeks repayment concessions because of tenancy arrears faces a review of their whole portfolio and lending position. Lenders may refer these cases to "remedial teams" for management. LL insurance is a far better risk management strategy.

Observer likes this.
  16. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I'll ask (beg) anyway to get 2.29% on my inv loans. I've got millions with them - least they could do.

Jmillar and Never giveup like this.
  17. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

LOL... Sounds like investors are some kind of bad people in these environment.
    Get SFA relief. Aren't we all mum's and dad's trying to get ahead and not rely on the government handout?

Jmillar likes this.
  18. Observer

@Brady If you work with CBA is that usually the case that the break fee can fluctuate that much in such a short period of time (e. g. days or few weeks)? Or is it more or less the same over a short period of time?

19. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

i fixed most of mine at 3.99% in june 2019 for 3 years.....

20. Observer

@Rolf Latham From you experience, are the break fees that people may get today vary a lot from those that were available yesterday? If so, what’s the reason for it? Thanks in advance!