First world problems!!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 380, 26th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Every afternoon I walk home from the train station to home. On Monday afternoon I accidentally caught the wrong train, so I was early and there were people walking the streets. Three strangers said "hello" to me and I felt socially obliged to say "hello" back. It was horrible! :(

Bayview, Azazel, Xie and 1 other person like this.
  2. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

My breakfast avocado was bruised this morning.

Bayview likes this.
  3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The Forresters Trail mix from Aldi is much too sweet with too many cranberries and white chocolate buttons. It needs more almonds. I find the perfect ratio when snacking is 1 piece of cranberry to 1 almond, or 1 white chocolate button to 2 almonds, and they don't include enough almonds to support that mix ratio.
    But I fix that by buying their almonds packets and mixing it in myself. :D

Bran likes this.
  4. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

The Cranberry Juice on the shelf - Low Sugar option only have 7% cranberry and the No Sugar is 27%, and Low Sugar actually has less calorie than no sugar, I need to choose between slightly lower calorie or more Cranberry. And oh the inconsistency :eek:

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

1) does it count if you're just complaining about something you're not getting because you're no longer somewhere else? Closer to a #humblebrag than a #firstworldproblem ??

2) does this still qualify as "first world" when you're talking about a developing nation?

:p

Anyway, I am a bit surprised at the sudden change in exchange rate - a quick look at the charts on Yahoo show them to be fairly consistent over the past 5 years but suddenly dropping quickly.

Given how much the AUD has dropped against the USD and how much influence the USD has on the COP (a lot of Colombians keep USD bank accounts and are happy to accept payments for things in USD), if anything I would have expect the COP to be going up against the AUD.

Ahh - quick Google shows the reason ... oil being their largest export and oil prices are very low right now. There seems to be a general move out of emerging markets at the moment, too.

I think we should take this opportunity to increase the volume of Colombian coffee we import - since it will be cheaper now!

Back on topic - had to correct our local "speciality-import" coffee shop the other day when they didn't spell Colombia correctly on their coffee-of-the-week whiteboard.

Last edited: 10th Sep, 2015
  6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

My advice? Go the no sugar and dilute the juice 50%. Assuming the "low sugar" variety is not massively cheaper than the No sugar option (the no sugar has more sugar/calories I suspect just from the fruit itself?) win win. :)

Jkat and EN710 like this.
  7. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

Just taken a sicky today
    and Im actually sick

8. Perthguy

People complaining because a Nigella show had a recipe for avocado on toast. Here are some comments:

I love that we've got to a place in our lives/culture when the BBC will just air #Nigella eating avocado on toast.

Did I really just watch Nigella Lawson Making Mashed avocado on toast? Is this what we have come to? What is life?

New Nigella Lawson cookery show feels beyond parody. So far she’s mashed up an avocado and looked at some holiday photos.​

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...er-into-meltdown/story-e6frfmyi-1227592927268

#firstworldproblems

9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

To be fair - I've found that many people would happily watch Nigella doing the dishes or taking out the rubbish. :D

Bran and Perthguy like this.
  10. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

My husband doesn't believe that Nigella does anything other than flirt through the TV screen with him.... he doesn't even believe she cooks :rolleyes:

Jess Peletier and Bayview like this.
  11. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

Or alternatively taking a sickie to get work done around the house. Then actually getting sick the next week...

12. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Feeling a small amount of patriotism, I'd probably press the Record button if I found out Nigella was about to make a wedding cake out of a lamington. (And no, I'm not about to get married...)

13. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Stressing about the settlement of my 6th IP.

Bayview likes this.
  14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

What's wrong with watching Nigella? ;) 20 years ago the males in my household always wanted to watch The Simpsons at dinner time. Now all three watch her cooking show together. How sweet.

Last edited: 7th Nov, 2015
  15. Xie

Xie Well-Known Member

Actually thinking these threads are entertaining or worried that this is how I am spending my Sat night!

16. Perthguy

:oops:

EN710 likes this.
  17. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Complaining (vehemently, I might add) that yer Margarita bought whilst on Hols (for $15) is not as good as the ones you make yerself at home for a fraction of the price....

Good wife did that last week up on the Gold Coast.

Laughed my head off, because I thought of this thread immediately - she asked why I was laughing so hard, and told her I was gunna post it. :p:p:p

Got a smack in the ear for it of course.

The kids loved it though. :D

Perthguy likes this.
  18. Bayview

I used to watch Nigella...apparently she did... cooking, or something like that? ;)

Phantom likes this.
  19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am here to defend her...hehe

Try her teriyaki chicken recipe....it's the best ever and simple

MTR:)

20. Bayview

I got on the wrong train after a day out with my mates at Oaks Day on year...was supposed to get off at Blackburn and ended up at Frankston...

The wife was impressed when I called her to come and get me at about 9.00pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.