First World Problems 2024

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by SatayKing, 19th Jan, 2024.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Speaking of storms, Canberra had a good one in early December. While I knew there was some damage in parts of Canberra, until a friend and myself went for a walk around a lake in the southern part, I wasn't aware of what it did.

A number of mature gum trees were felled by it. The ACT Government cleared those which fell across walking/bicycle paths but I think they are going to leave the others alone as habitat which is reasonable enough.

[​IMG]

Sgav likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Why? No one would have noticed..... however if it were across a road it would make front page of the Canberra Times. :rolleyes:

SatayKing likes this.
  3. SatayKing

Lol.

Oh there would be complaints for sure. Canberra has extensive system of walking/bike paths. Totals around 1,000 kms. Very well used.

Maps and wayfinding - Transport Canberra

Sgav and Scott No Mates like this.
  4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The book Factfulness is an excellent book. Most people get answers in this quiz incorrect - partly because we base our world view on what we learnt at school, some decades ago. Bill Gates rates it as one of the best books he's ever read - and he reads a lot of books.

Redwing and Gockie like this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Spent the last month binging on a 6 season, 12 episodes a season, Netflix series (3 episodes a night)... only to find the final season is streamed on Binge!

Seriously?! *******s

Last edited by a moderator: 23rd Jan, 2024
  7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

What's it called? I'll make sure not to start on it.

8. geoffw

Binge has a one week free trial.

And a basic subscription, with ads, is all of $10pm.

Or you could try a VPN with Netflix- often series unavailable here are available in other countries. Latin America can be good for this, if unavailable in US or UK.

mrdobalina likes this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

We've had Binge before - and know it's only $10 - just an annoyingly petty first world problem

10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

To get a sign on bonus for Amex, you can't be an existing cardholder. I am actually thinking of closing my account, then reapplying in 18 month's time for a new card.
    Amex would lose me as a customer for 18 months, but if that's the rules...

Yes, I know some people churn cards all the time, but I haven't been one of those people to continually sign up to cards just to gain points.

Last edited: 24th Jan, 2024
  11. Gockie

New FWP. I ordered a personalised number plate before Christmas. After literally a month of waiting, I called the number to find out where it's at. Turns out someone deemed "GOCK" as offensive and sent me a cheque as a refund (and the cheque amount didn't include the original transaction fee I paid, may I add).....

Anyway, on the phone they said they sent me a letter saying they deemed my number plate combination offensive.... if it was sent, I never received it. Lady on the phone urged me to google it, saying it's a gun (and I say, no it's not).... So I had a discussion with the lady over the phone.

She ends up saying I should write to them telling them it's my surname and they'll reconsider. After sending that email, they replied saying I could have that number plate :) , but I had to reorder it :(

Meanwhile, I struggle to find a place to deposit my cheque locally. I think maybe the post office is the only place I can do it. There is only a Bendigo bank in Epping now, the other banks have all gone....

Note: Westpac and NAB have mobile upload of cheques, but I'm not currently banking with either of those banks.

Last edited: 24th Jan, 2024
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

To make it even a worse FWP ... Outlander ... google search advises the final season streams on Binge in Australia ... re-signed for month of Binge ... no Outlander ... nothing else worth watching

So - anyone know where to watch season 7 of Outlander without a VPN to India?

13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

@Lizzie do you have a DVD player. It might be easiest to buy the DVD?

Lizzie likes this.
  14. SatayKing

Cyclone Kirrily upgraded to Cat 3. Those who live in the area take care.

I have friends who live in Townsville. They're OK so far but are expecting heavy rain. Wind gusts already up to 100 kph.

15. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Oh no. :eek:

Lizzie likes this.
  16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

30 seconds in the microwave, for a chocolate hot cross bun, is around 15 seconds to long - molten lava stage reached

geoffw and The Y-man like this.
  17. geoffw

So when your other half calls you back to bed, you tell them that you're trying to deal with your hot lava.

Lizzie and Scott No Mates like this.
  18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The freezer section of my fridge/freezer hiccupped - waiting on parts to arrive for the repair - while waiting, moved everything over into the under bench freezer in the butlers pantry (so no crisis) but the different "freezer" location is really messing with my cooking mojo

19. Gockie

Update: The Lunar New Year celebration date at worked was changed, so this is not a issue any more.

I ordered this dress on Shein:
    Screenshot_20240207_155137_Gmail.jpg
    Gorgeous right? I was going to wear it for lunar new year celebrations at work on Monday.

Received this instead:
    20240207_144217.jpg
    Its a very large pleated skirt with an elastic waist in case you are wondering.

Not happy Jan! My last cheong sam fell apart... totally gorgeous but more than 20 years old.
    What to do... too late to order another from Shein.
    The theme for Monday at work is Red...

Last edited: 8th Feb, 2024
  20. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

Following on from last years first world problems - I see Mossman Sugar Mill has gone into liquidation @SatayKing :(

SatayKing likes this.