First world problems 2018!!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Scott No Mates, 11th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Things worse that this:
    1. the series spent all season building up to the climax, only to conveniently resolve everything in the last 5 minutes and quickly wrap everything up in a nice bow so everyone lives happily ever after
    2. worse than #1: they do it in the first 5 minutes of episode 1 of the next season (I'm looking at you, Hawaii Five-0, actually just about every CBS show really)
    3. worse than both: each episode is effectively standalone and there's no season-wide story arc for character or subplot development (no point binge-watching those shows)
    4. worst of all: the network cancels after the end of the season but before the new season starts and so nothing is ever resolved and there was never a chance to wrap things up

2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

When my wife is the one who's heavily emotionally invested, the problem becomes worse.

So Black Mirror, which is a #3, should not be on anybody's viewing list.

The classic #4 was (showing my age) The Fugitive TV series. I liked the show, my dad hated it. So when they announced it was the last show, I talked my dad into letting me watch it (we are talking well before VCRs). The announcement at the end that there was not going to be any more due to funding was a huge let down, and I severely lost face.

The show I'm talking about apparently won't be a #2. I subsequently found out that there are only a few episodes to come, and that they will be released next month.

It appears to have been made as a single series in Spain, where it was made, but released on Netflix in two stages.

3. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

Was in a shop yesterday buying stuff, and an older gentleman came in to do the same...the product he wanted was not available in that shop, and the Staff member directed him to another shop which was perhaps a 4 min drive away....the old bloke cracked the sads and whined that it was too far to drive....

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

My beer fridge is broken. :(

There's none left so I have to call someone to refill it. :rolleyes:

Thank (insert deity here) for Uber drinks.

5. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Is this a future business opportunity for "Scott Brings" with a 50% discount for PChat members?

2012 Grange anybody?

6. Scott No Mates

The ABC must be paying actors way too much. Saw a Roller yesterday - rego 'B1'.

[​IMG]

7. geoffw

Wasn't that B4?

8. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

I’ll get in on this one. The zip tap in my office that provides unlimited fresh, chilled drinking water takes too long to fill my glass. Life is so unfair sometimes

LVR likes this.
  9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

There's only 1 sink and 1 zip tap in my office. My old workplace had 2.

JacM likes this.
  10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

That sounds like a blocked filter - tell whoever is in charge that the filter needs replacing (or at least cleaning - but I recommend replacing).

These things generally need to be replaced at least once per year (depending on system being used) - YMMV depending on usage and water cleanliness.

11. Scott No Mates

Or low water pressure.

12. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

@Gockie maybe you need to go back to your old workplace, remove the 2nd one (maybe they wont miss it...), and install it in your office and see if it works better.

If not @Scott No Mates and @Simon Hampel may be in to something...

13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yeah... and to top it off.... the old workplace had 2 dishwashers (on every floor!). This one only has 1.

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I am very pleased to live in a country that has electricity. I am delighted that in December last year we signed up to get solar panels, which were installed in the middle of January. Last week the electricians actually came to our house to change over the meters so we can get billed properly.

On Friday afternoon our lights stopped working but so far my house hasn't burned down (tick). The really local electrician, who did not install anything and could not possibly have damaged anything last week, will get here "some time" to check the lights and repair them, but that isnt what I'm whinging about.

The last part of the process was to call a Melbourne phone number during Daylight saving business hours (it didn't happen last week) to get Energy Australia to change my old Hot Water tariff from night time and onto day time. I have just sat through three different call centres, for 90 minutes, to be told that they cant do it, I have to get the electrician who was here last week to send them "the paperwork". I have written notes on two separate pages of Energy Australia paperwork here from calls to them in January and again in February saying that I have to phone them after the old meter was removed.

I was hoping to have an alcohol-free day today, but that isn't looking too good now.

Perthguy likes this.
  15. Scott No Mates

Watching the womens lawn bowls at Broadbeach (Con'em well Games) - the players aren't wearing whites, are wearing shorts and don't have a pot/pony/schooner of Goldie when they finish each end.

It's just not lawn bowls. :mad:

LVR likes this.
  16. geoffw

Are you for lawn?

LVR, Denis Flynn and Scott No Mates like this.
  17. fpap

fpap Active Member

People in line at ice cream shops wanting to taste every single flavour before they make a choice. meanwhile the line behind them is building up.
    Just chose a f%#@king flavour. If it tastes like crap, bad luck, you made a mistake...move on and don't order it again.
    And just to be controversial, the main perpetrators (in my observations) are millennials with entitlement attitudes. They wouldn't have lasted past recess at my school when I was growing up.

18. Scott No Mates

If it comes down to cutting the neighbour's grass, our in house expert resides in the Druitt.

19. geoffw

"Harvesting" rather than "cutting down".

Now that it's above board in some states in the US, there are legitimate weed harvesting jobs available. Where is our in house friend?

20. Scott No Mates

He's been awfully quiet of late. Must be back at the Bay or at the high security housing Comm facilities at Silverwater.

geoffw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.