NSW First time investor

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Blunkman, 20th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Blunkman

Blunkman Member

Hi guys,

I've started looking into property investment and it's actually quite addictive. A bit about me...

- Mid 20's still living at home (rent-free)
    - $60k of my own savings
    - Parents willing to chip in with deposit
    - Budget of around $600-$700k.

I live in Western Sydney and whilst I understand the Sydney market is out of control... would there still be opportunities in the West/South-West areas? I'm referring to anything past Blacktown in the west and past Liverpool in the South-West. I'm assuming the North-West is probably out of reach?

Looking for some advice and thanks in advance :D

2. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Hi @Blunkman it's dependant on your strategy but there is a lot of opportunities in Western Sydney still. Best advice I can give is to start reading as much as possible, learning the diffrent ways to invest and develop a strategy that suits your goals and plans. Once you've done that then start the searching.

If you are interested Young Property Investors have an upcoming event NSW - Surry Hills -Questions and drinks-28th Feburary

Last edited: 20th Feb, 2017
  3. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Apartments would be in the 600-700 range out West. Dont think you'll be limited to your current home location- interstate has some good opportunities (tho first home grants may complicate things). I live out west too with family rent free, same boat kinda.

700 would net you a solid 3 bedroom house in the central coast, a unit at Liverpoo, or two houses is outer Brisbane.. Keep options open

4. Blunkman

Blunkman Member

Thanks so far...

I guess my strategy is to hold the investment property long term so I'm leaning towards a free standing house rather than an apartment...

5. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Best thing I can think of is to search for existing Western Sydney posts via keyword search and see what the community has posted. If you see someone who's posted an interesting point, start a Conversation and pick their brains.

There's bound to be a few investors on here who have recently bought or in the process of developing out West. Havent looked deeply there so unfortunately Im not one to offer much atm.

This forum has regular meetups across Sydney- there was one last month around Parra. Keep an eye out for future events in the Meetups section - I've found it super valuable going to those.

All the best in your quest mate.