QLD First time investor advice

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by King Junior, 6th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. King Junior

King Junior Member

Hello mates,

I am a first-time investor and looking to buy my first investment property in Queensland. My budget is $600K and I am open to any location, which has good growth potential and would give me positive cash flow. Can some experienced property investors answer the following questions for me?

1. What are the best suburbs to consider in South East Queensland, Brisbane LGA etc.?
    2. What are the positives and negatives of suburbs such as McDowall, Park Ridge, Caboolture etc.?

I look forward to your helpful advice and guidance.

Kind regards,
    KJ

2. QldGuy

QldGuy Member

King Junior likes this.
  3. King Junior

King Junior Member

4. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

Your cashflow position is determined a lot by your finance strategy so this is very dependant on how you are funding your purchase. This takes into consideration your loan:value ratio (LVR) as well as your interest rate and whether you are setting up with interest only or principle and interest lending. Yes, the rent your receive also has an impact, but the other factors MUST also be considered.
    If this is your first property investment purchase, it is important to ensure that what you buy aligns with your long term goals so location selection is critical.
    With your budget, you won't be able to afford a house in McDowall. It is important that you understand what your money will buy in this market and be careful not to rely on median values as we are finding a LOT of these are lagging behind in the current fast moving market.
    Good luck with your search!

King Junior likes this.
  5. King Junior

King Junior Member

Many thanks, Melinda. Much appreicated.