WA First Time home owner PPR property suggestion

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sambit, 3rd Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sambit

Sambit New Member

Hi Members,

I am a new Australian Resident and currently working in Perth. We are a young couple with no kids. Spouse's office is near Whitfords and mine is in the city. We have around 50k deposit and total yearly compensation for both is about 160k+. Currently, we are renting near the city and we are planning to purchase or build a new home. We paid deposits for a land in Alkimos which is due release in November but many are advising us that it is a wrong decision to build in Alkimos. So now we are very confused and need suggestions. We have a loan approval of 570k.

> Is Alkimos as PPR fine? As of now, we have flexible working arrangments i.e can work from home for couple of days in a week, so the commute is not a big problem.

> If not, which suburbs we should target for? preference is a low crime, well built/ new gentrified suburbs, bigger lots, North of the river, closer to the beach, better commute.

> Should we wait a year, add more deposits to buy near the city, or buy/build a home now, far from the city with the deposit we have?

> Not looking for investment property for now i.e. bigger block with a cheap old home in an ungentrified suburb near the city.

Will appreciate all suggestions/ advice.

Thanks,
    Sam