First Home Buyers Grant NSW 2017

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Big Lez, 12th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Lez

Big Lez Well-Known Member

Edited....

2. Big Lez

Big Lez Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone

Just got a few questions with the First Home Buyers Grant that is being implemented on 1st July 2017.

I'm a first time buyer and my original intention was to purchase an investment property on an investment loan and rent the property out while I live at home with my parents.

The particular property im intending to purchase could theoretically be elgible for stamp duty exemption because the particular property I'm looking at is valued < $650,000 (assuming I live in the property for the first 6 months).

The particular types of property I'm looking at are valued between $450,000-$500,000 (stamp duty is approximately $17,000) and bring in an estimate rental return of $350-$400 per week.

I'm just wondering, is their any financial benefits of me getting the stamp duty exemption and living in the property for 6 months, or am I better of just keeping my original intention of having this property as an investment property and being able to claim all the various tax benefits such as negative gearing?