NSW Finding Rental Manager

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Jey2018, 10th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jey2018

Jey2018 Active Member

Hi All,

I am looking to rent out my investment property which comes in Blacktown council area. Any recommendations for the property manager's around Blacktown/Parramatta council area?

Any property management firms to be avoided?

Spoke to one of the well-established (yes, in the local market for more than 20+ yrs) property management firm and found out following. I am not comfortable with these. Just wanted to clarify if its the standard thing or it's better to shop around?
    • They have 150-180 properties per manager (based on the property manager's experience). I have read somewhere, around 100 properties per manager is the best ratio.
    • Need to give 90 days notice to move to another property management firm. This is something I feel really too long. Is it the common timing?
    • They do property inspection at 3rd month then 6th month and then once every 9months after 1st year. Only one in-person inspection per year. The additional inspection will be virtual. Have been a tenant myself a few years back, I have been inspected every 6 months along with the landlord. This does not look right.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Hayley Cannon and Jey2018 like this.
  3. Hayley Cannon

Hayley Cannon Well-Known Member

That ratio is usual for larger agencies, it does depend on what each PM is expected to do and how much experience they have as there is no exact number that suits everyone.

90 days is standard in the area however plenty of agents also have 30 or 60 days notice as well, I feel 90 is too long especially if someone is not happy - why force them to stay for so long?

I would not be happy with that inspection schedule. Typically I schedule inspections 8 weeks after a tenant takes possession then 3 monthly until at least 3 inspections have taken place, if the tenancy is travelling well then change the frequency to 6 monthly.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  4. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

@Hayley Cannon manages that area and she is a great property manager.

Hayley Cannon likes this.
  5. Jey2018

Jey2018 Active Member

Thanks for the reply guys.