Financial security for future

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by L3ha7, 10th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Me and my wife have been searching for a good Independent financial planner or advisor. We have performed several searches and gone through moneysmart website, choice website. With all the information what me found we shortliated some and then check their websites got very discouraged as they have set criteria regarding who they can work with e.g. people about to retire, prpfessional couple who earn $ 300K pa, people who inheriated money etc and there is no fee structure given ( this is just a general overview of what i understood).

Could anyone please advise on any giod financial planner or ahare their experience.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

What are your reasons for wanting to engage a FP? If your young and wanting to build wealth with property then I would stay away. There are much better ways learn and get advice if your wanting to build wealth from property, but I have no idea what your goals/ reasons are for wanting to engage a FP. Just be very, very careful which FP you take advise from. Often they give advice and have not created wealth from their own advice and strategies.

Last edited: 10th Jul, 2016
  3. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I've never spoken to a FP. What are you hoping they'll provide?

4. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

It depends what you need, a FP can be good for insurances etc, or for exposure to shares when you're not confident yourself. For property, I would not bother.