Financial Planner Recommendations - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Glitch, 20th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Glitch

Glitch New Member

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster. Looking to leverage of the groups collection experience with regard to financial planner recommendations in Melbourne. Already have a good accountant and broker thanks to this forum. I have recently met with a financial planner introduced via accountant however I am having issues with responsiveness. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

What sort of advice?

You could try Dover - they are independantly owned and not linked to any banks.

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Independently owned does not mean what most think. They still have an approved product list that limits scope. I know what you mean. Walk into CBA and many of the products they recommend are owned by CBA subsidiaries. They wont recommend a ING deposit for example. But then I wouldnt expect Dover either.

Do they recommend wholesale or retail, unlisted or listed trusts or direct ? Do you want a adviser with managed discretionary authority or not ? An adviser with a full license or a dealer under someone elses license (Thats likely with Dover). There is a big difference between some advisers when it comes to licensing. It comes down to what you are aftre. Sometimes I also find the client may have a unrealistic expectation ad be seeking something that isnt a financial product service that is going to pay for the effort. Some advisers are blunt and others dance around it.

Go back to the accountant with feedback. If I learn a client isnt happy with our planners response I would give them a rectal rocket. If I refer I expect client satisfaction. You may find the accountant your best way to get the message across.