Financial advisor - CBR, or knowledge of PSS (defined benefit super scheme)

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by jas, 5th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jas

jas Member

hi all,

My fingers are crossed that I'm ready to stop working. but I'd like to run a few scenerios past a financial planner. I'm looking for one who has experience with the PSS (defined benefit super scheme) as well as all the other more normal things. any recommendations?

For context, I could stop working and be moderatly well off. or keep working at a job I've hated for years and stop in another five years. There are repercussions on both sides financially and in terms of my wellbeing.

Thanks!
    Jas

Last edited: 5th Apr, 2022
    Anne11 likes this.
  2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Long time no hear!

PM'd you.

The Y-man

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Good to see you back. We haven't seen much of you in the "new" forum.

I can't offer you advice on an FP.

Anecdotally, a couple of people I know have taken up the early exit, and have been happy with their new lives, though perhaps not quite as financially well off as they would like.

Are the only options to keep working in a job you hate, or to stop working entirely? Would there be other jobs you could do? Perhaps they wouldn't pay as much, but it could be worth looking at. Even working part time might give you a balance between retiring completely or full work.

Last edited: 5th Apr, 2022
  4. jas

jas Member

Thanks for the welcome Geoff :) hope things are well with you.

When I found myself on the slow boat, I found there wasn't much to say that I hadn't already said. Every now and again I thought of ducking to say the slow boat still gets you there, but while the dock is in sight I have quite reached it... So it's not a post I can make yet :)

Yeh, that's an option I'm considering honestly. If I go I can move to parttime or take a much less stressful role at a lower pay point.

geoffw likes this.