Favorite tools/apps for brokers to use

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by weejimmy, 30th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. weejimmy

weejimmy Well-Known Member

Not sure if its the right place to ask but Just wondering if people have great tools they can recommend for other brokers?
    I use file invite and bankstatments.com.au which are average, but may be due to my aggregator limiting the features available.

Do people have good tax file number redaction tools?
    Is there a bankstatements type thing where you can re-categorize expenses so you dont have to go over it line by line etc.
    Brokerpeida app is pretty handy for checking things on the go.

What do people think are must haves. or must avoids.

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I use Cashdeck myself. A little more flexible for recategorising expenses.

For TFN redaction, Applyonline will do it, but it's only got limited use. I have a full subscription to Adobe Acrobat, which allows editing of PDF files. It's very simple to put it in edit mode and delete a TFN. When the file is protected, we print the document and pull out the black pen. :(

3. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

I've become a bit of a process nut in recent years trying to manage our business productivity, my time and deliver great customer experiences at the same time. Its not the easiest in the broking industry I find, there's a lot of change and good tools out there, but not many that deliver the full suite required.

We've designed our own really. I use a lot in our business:
    - Mercury: centrepiece of it all, very powerful once well integrated
    - Trycall: text & voice software for loan updates and post settlement service
    - Mailchimp: email system for loan updates & marketing
    - Zapier to integrate it all: Ties the above three together for auto updates/etc
    - Brokerpad is great on front end for our business and for doc collection
    - Xero & Deputy: Staff management, payruns, etc
    - Adobe, dropbox, email systems, etc etc for business management
    - Basic calculators required for calcs etc

If you're starting out you won't need a full complement of it all. But eventually if successful without great productivity enhancements, a cap will be reached. I find most brokerages growth stories turn into a process management exercise at some point, then it all becomes about making it work as effectively as possible. Loanmarket seem to be onto this as the business strategy and using tech great to achieve good experiences for brokers and professional/great customer outcome focussed too. Some individual brokerages are amazing at this too.

wilso8948 likes this.