Fast Forward - Atlanta GA - Property Market today

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by MTR, 5th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Very tempting, lock in for 30 years:)

2. Taranakiii

Taranakiii New Member

@Karina - me and a couple of mates in Oz are trying to break into the rental market - namely looking around Georgia, Ohio, Illinois. We're going down the lending path which has been a little discouraging with the base LVR's and rates - typically 35% down, 6-8% interest rates. One of my mates in the team has a de facto partner who lives in OH and is keen to come onboard - would this allow us to access more favourable lending?

It's been really interesting having a read over these US Investing forums on PC. Absolutely chuffed for you all in the Atlanta market!

For any newbies I've found this guide on Bigger Pockets by an Aussie buying in the US pretty valuable - Blueprint for New Overseas Investors

3. Karina

Karina Well-Known Member

I think you can do better than 6 - 8% right now. limaonecapital are doing 40% down, 30 year loans with loans starting as low as 4.25% for foreigners depending on which options you select (buy down options, and early repayment penalties up to 7 years). limaone is a non bank lender.
    I am not sure what doors having a US business partner may open for you. You may want to get a US mortgage broker and explore if you can access more traditional financing with a structure that involves a US business partner.

Taranakiii likes this.