False advertsing of land zoning

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by mojorising, 13th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

For that, you have to pay the piper.

The agent is just that, an agent. He/she does not own the land, nor can make decisions on price affecting the owner. They aren't going to run off to the owner to say "hey dude, I made a misrepresentation as to the use of the land which means you'll have to take a big hit on price".

Propertunity likes this.
  2. Kent Cliffe

Kent Cliffe Well-Known Member

Development is complex, agents get it wrong, local council representatives get it wrong and even seasoned developers get it wrong.

If you're trying to use it as negotiation leverage you need to asked yourself, what is the purpose of communicating this information?

I think you feel that making him change the advert, you'll drop the level of interest and come in with a low offer. This might be true. But on the flip side of the coin, you're now an educated buyer and when you come in with an offer, they are going to know you seriously want it.

I'd suggest getting to know the Seller's situation and find out why they are selling? What's important to them in an offer? Have they received any other offers? Why didn't they accept them? etc. etc. etc.

3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

No, I'd leave that topic alone and focus on something else. You're not going to get anywhere just pointing out what he already knows. Negotiating isn't you winning by him losing.

Last edited: 17th Nov, 2018
    Kent Cliffe likes this.