Experiences/feedback - Zenolite?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by JenW, 24th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Hi everyone :D Husband and I were just channel flicking and came across a show called Renovation King (the episode was the 'mothers' day en suite' one). Anyhow, they were doing up a very small en suite, and a product they used in the show caught my eye (and Chris's too).

It's called zenolite, and it was used in the shower on the walls instead of tiles. I managed to find the website: Zenolite

I am really interested in using this in our property renos instead of shower wall tiling, and also possibly for kitchen splashbacks, but I'd love to know - has anyone used this in their properties? What were the pros and cons? How does the cost per m2 compare to tiles? I know it's cheaper than glass as a splashback, but that's about all. Is it something that a tiler would be able to install?

I love the idea of no grout, and how hardy it appears to be. I also like the idea of it as a cheaper alternative to glass as a kitchen splashback too. Would it stand up to tenant wear and tear, do you think?

Any feedback on your experiences with zenolite would be very much appreciated!! :D