Exclusive sale authority period

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by erorxxx, 7th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. erorxxx

erorxxx Well-Known Member

Hi People

quick question We have decided to sell up our IP and we made application to VCAT notice to vacate with the reason of selling and VCAT asked for signed copy of sales authority to prove my intention.

And my RE agent offered a help and RE agent said at the end if you don’t want to sell with us you dont have to and I made it clear I still need to do my due diligence on picking the right agent.

Anyhow, I signed the sales authority with exclusive sales period for 60 days. And yesterday Tenant advised that they will be vacating in 70 days.

so obviously from timeline prespective This works it out well as exclusive sale authority period will end , am I right in assuming this ? So meaning when tenant move out after 70 days I can pretty much go with other agents if i want to.

This doesn’t mean that I wont go with that Agent at this stage I just want to keep my options open .

2. erorxxx

erorxxx Well-Known Member

So the question is can you get out from sale authority when exclusive authority period is up even though Agent hasn’t listed your property for sale yet?