Epping Development Property

Discussion in 'Development' started by BarbaraM, 21st Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. BarbaraM

BarbaraM New Member

Looking at a development site in Epping, large level block, near good schools and transport etc. Possible subdivision or dual occupancy STCA - Parramatta Council. Vendors own the adjoining property - same size block - but it's not for sale. Both blocks together would be great. Agent didn't totally dismiss the possibility both sites could be available. Don't know whether to buy now, wait for the adjoining property to come onto the market, or push the agent to talk to the vendors about selling both sites.

2. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

I suspect it all comes down to your offer price. If offer price is good I'm sure vendor will consider selling both, but then you may have overpaid.

Does it make sense to just buy the block that's on sale? Can you subdivide as is - and can you get some sort of assurance before contract? These are probably the couple of questions you want answered prior to pulling the trigger.

The other option is if buying both blocks, work out what would be your max & reasonable offer price and see if vendor is willing to consider that.

Cheers,
    David

3. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

I assume the property is not heritage listed in any way?
    Make sure Parra council agree...

4. BarbaraM

BarbaraM New Member

No heritage issues. Checking possibility of villa development across two sites with Council. Subdivision and dual occupancy not a problem - there are similar developments in the street and nearby.