Sports & Fitness EPL thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

It will be a nervy couple of months .

I''d like to see Bournemouth stay up . My father came from there and we used to go there for holidays on Brownsea Island in Poole Harbor , so I'm almost a local .:cool:

Problem with all the bottom clubs has been their inconsistency . Palace , comfortable win against the Cherries , then the next week they're 4 nil down to sunderland at half time ..:rolleyes:.

Palace did look better against Middlesbrough with Sakho and Milejovic playing together for the first time . It gave them a look of stability in the middle which they havent had for a while.

Sunderland and hull would have too look to fill two of the spots . Then it really comes down to which other teams put together a few wins and pull away . The reality is that all of the bottom seven teams have put together some good games and if a few of them put together a run of wins there's a few teams who think they're secure who could easily find them selves in trouble .

They say 40 points is the target for safety . WBA are there in 8th spot on forty . West Ham in 9th spot are on 33 points and there's five teams below them in close proximity down to 30 points.

With the exception of Sunderland and Bournemouth who play Man U and Man C this weekend , and Palace who play Albion , all the other relegation candidates are playing each other this week . Might spread some light on what can happen . Palace have extra motivation against Albion as they're coached by Tony Pulis , who walked out on them two seasons ago... Though he'll be pi..esd off with them as he lost a law suit and had to pay them back millions .....:cool::cool:

Cliff

2. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Richard here live from Old Trafford.

What a 90 minutes of football in which we somehow came away with a point.

Great effort from out keeper especially saving a penalty. Talk about being under fire for 90 minutes.

Hard job to be a referee but have to say Kevin Friend had a shocker.

Think there will be some post game issues for a couple of players on both sides.

A unexpected and welcomed point.

Just hope for a home win next week against the Hammers to send me back to Oz with confidence.

Be helpful if Leicester, Burley and Man C could do their part in our survival this weekend by winning.

Cheers

Richard

3. See Change

Wins to Swansea , Leicester, Palace leaves Hull , Sunderland and Middlesbrough three points adrift of safety , though Sunderland do have a game in hand , against man city

Very happy to see palace win away against WBA who had won their last five home games . Since Sakho came in a central defender , they haven't conceded a game . Why didn't they buy him for 20 mill while they could ...

Cliff

4. Richard Taylor

Well last day before i fly back to Oz and what a great weekend to be a Cherries supporter.

Great home win against a tough West Ham side although did it the hard way missing 2 first half penalties.

Could have done with Swansea beating Hull but oh well Liverpool beating Burnley today has dragged them close to the danger zone and we have to play them at home in a few weeks.

Tough April with away games at Liverpool and Spurs mixed in with a home game to Chelsea but heh we could be as bad as Sunderland.

See you back in Brisbane Tuesday night.

Cheers

Richard

5. See Change

Zaha mesmerised the Russian defence to score for the Ivory Coast in his latest international ..

Check this out .

Twitter

Currently Palace are paying him 40 k / week which is chicken feed for someone with his ability . While in the past everyone's talked about his potential , now he's delivering on a regular basis .

At the moment the biggest question on the lips of palace supports is how much are management prepared to pay to keep every palace fan favourite son at home where they all want him to stay .....

Cliff

6. See Change

Palace 2 , Chelsea 1
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    :):):):):):):):):):):):)
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Cliff

7. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Did everyone a favour, good effort by Palace. It will be interesting to see if Chelsea get the wobbles. Even better with Liverpool beating Everton and Man U drawing again.
    Spurs have been the most consistent team over the last 2 years but are looking like bridesmaids again.

8. See Change

Chelsea:eek:
    Arsenal:eek::eek:
    Liverpool:eek::eek::eek:
    That's now three years in a row palace have beaten Liverpool at Anfield

Palace:cool::cool::cool:

If only they can can this form going next year .

Making up for the swans slow start ...

Cliff

Last edited: 24th Apr, 2017
  9. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I'm not suprised by the result, Cystal Place have been playing well and always seem to ruin the party. Benteke was always going to be motivated for this one.

Liverpool are now limping to the end of the season and I'm not sure they will now qualify for the CL. The squad is looking too thin with Mane, Lallana and Henderson all out injured with Sturridge looking like he's not going to stay fit enough to recapture form. This will really hamper Klopp's efforts to sign the players they need to reach the next level.

Man U unfortunately might capture a top 4 spot. They can still qualify anyway by wining the Europa league.

Monaco my tip to win the CL.

10. Richard Taylor

Cracking result for Palace and well deserved.

Cherries should be safe now but a couple more wins will better their maiden season and that would be good.

Have to say Monaco won't win the C/L even though they might be the sentimental favorite.

Newcastle trying to push the self destruct button in the Championship but they will gain automatic qualification and the play off's will be interesting.
    Fulham have come with a great end of season run and would like to see another London club make it even if it is only for the away days.

Big question is what am i going to do in June/July?

Richard

11. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Possibly not, but I hope they do. The hard nosed approach and experience Athletico or Juve have might win out or more likely Real will win, with a little help from officals..again.

12. Richard Taylor

Great result for the Cherries and that is us safe for another year.

Sunderland officially down and Middlesborough will join them next week. Swansea for my favourite to round out the trio.

Newcastle passing them with promotion from the Championship will make it for an interesting Summer in the North East.

A few good signings over the transfer window and love to see us challenge for a top 10 finish next year.

Good on ya Eddie.

Richard

13. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Amazing goal by Emre Can
    Screenshot_2017-05-02-09-11-33.png

14. Richard Taylor

Well as the 16/17 season draws to a conclusion at least we know the 3 sides who will be relegated to the Championship and to be honest i can't see any of them bouncing back any time soon. There are too many experienced ex Premier League sides with big ambitions to make an automatic process and Newcastle have shown this year you need to spend big to make a return.

Certainly Cliff would have been in his element last night with a good old 4-0 thumping of Hull City.

My team for the last 47 years Bournemouth certainly having a late flourish and a win at last years champions Leicester next week and a couple of other results going for us could see us finish as high as 8th. Just a great shame we are not allowed more than 7 sides in Europe as if Man U win the Europa League the 8th place side would normally get the last qualifying spot.

Certainly the top 4 will go down to the wire although a good win by Liverpool at the Hammers has certainly upped the pressure on Arsene.

Anyway as always looking forward to draw to be released in June so i can book my return trips for the Cherries home and away games.

No idea what i am going to do Saturday nights from 9.30pm to 5.30am on Sunday morning for the next 12 weeks or so but sure i can find something.

Here's to a big last weekend and to a cracker of a 17/18 season.

Richard

15. See Change

Hi Richard

Had a good couple of weeks with Sydney FC winning ( wasn't at the game unfortunately , I went to there previous two championship decider ) , the swans finally showing some form and palace last night .

Great thing about the game was it started at 9 pm Sydney time , so watched it live and with Zaha scoring in the third minute it wasn't an edge of the seat affair .

Now all the attention will turn to recruiting .

Palace need to look at another centre back ( Sahko would be nice but supposedly 30 mill .... ) , right back , another box to box midfielder and another striker .

There'll be a few purchases from 2-3 years who will move on .

What's on the cherries list ?

Cliff

16. Richard Taylor

Hi Cliff

Yes agree Sydney were far the best team in the A League and whilst I hate the format would have been a travesty of justice if they had lost on penalties.

I actually thought Hull would come out firing last night and their loss at home to Sunderland might just be a blip but they were clueless.

Agree everyone wants a good CB in this league and one who can play football is ever more sought after.

If you listen to the rumours doing the rounds AFCB will sign Asmir Begovic as their new keeper (Offer of $8M was turned down by Chelsea in Jan window) and also John Terry and Jermaine Defoe. I can't see JT coming because of the wages but could see Defoe coming back home to where he started all those years ago.

We won't sign Jack Wilshire and to be honest don't think we need him. With Lewis Cook having just got Under 20 England call up and Emerson Hyndman (young US international) who they have recalled after a season loan spell at Rangers i think we are well suited in midfield.

Bournemouth as always will sign another winger or two as they will probably let Max Gradell go in the summer but all in all as long as the manager stays put i am a happy teddy.

Bring on August 2017 .............

Richard

HUGH72 likes this.
  17. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Great final round with Liverpool just holding off Arsenal for 4th place and more importantly a CL qualifier to reach the group stage. This will mean recruiting top players will be a little easier in the summer. There are rumors FSG may provide £100-125 million for new players. With huge money available to all PL clubs via TV rights prices for average players will no doubt be further inflated.

Liverpool badly need a quality centre back, Virgil Van dijk would be great but everyone will be chasing him. A left fullback and a fast winger/striker is also a must. James Milner has done well at left back but next season he will be 32, lacks speed and is right footed so always has to cut inside to cross on his right foot. He will be a squad player next season.
    Whether Sturridge stays is uncertain.

The off season will be massive, Greizman and James Rodriguez possibly to Man U and kyle Walker might be leaving Spurs. Alexi Sanchez might be looking for an exit from Arsenal and Chelsea might struggle to hold Hazard.
    The young Monaco squad will no doubt be picked apart by PL clubs with Kylian Mbappe a Real Madrid target.

Man City won't settle for 3rd next season so I would expect lots of new transfers. Pep's sweeper keeper idea has been shown to be a mistake. Keepers need to be confident and strong in the air around the 6 yard box first, referees don't provide the same protection for keepers as in La Liga.

Disappointing season for Leicester, the worst finish for reigning champions ever.

Next season is shaping up as the most competitive ever, can't wait.

What can one say about Man U? Nothing I can't stand them..

Come on you Redmen..
    Screenshot_2017-05-22-20-43-39.png

18. Richard Taylor

Agree Hugh the last day of the season certainly brought with it the usual excitement and flurry of goals.

Arsenal failing to qualify could see the end of Arsene as we know it.

Cherries are off and running in the pre-transfer window getting Jermaine Defoe to return home to the team he scored 10 in a row for as a lad in 2000-2001.
    Will be Bournemouth first player to have won an England international so excitement there for the WC.

Of course looks like Josh King might be allowed to leave although playing those 2 upfront would be exciting.

Poor Cliff won't be happy with Big Sam resigning from Palace as he certainly would attract a certain type of player given his status so they are again on the managerial merry go round.
    Maybe David Moyes will fancy moving South.

God i am missing Saturday's already and season only ended 4 days ago. Not sure how i am going to last another 10 weeks or so.

Richard

19. See Change

The chatter on the palace forum is very much anti Moyes , also Hodgson.

Silva seems to be a popular choice . Wagner also if Huddersfield loose .

Personally I'd like them to loose , though with Mooy MOTM . Palace pick up both ...

At least he's leaving at this stage and not two days before the start like Pulis

Cliff

20. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Eddie Howe is a top manager, he has done a great job at Bournemouth with limited resources. Bournemouth play a more attacking, expansive game than most teams in the top flight.
    Signing Defoe is a smart move, he's consistently scored goals for Sunderland despite little support and throughout his career. A 3 year deal might be a bit long though, he will be 37 then. Bournemouth are also considering John Terry.

The clubs that will outperform from here will be those who can unearth the rising talent, established players are now ridiculously expensive.The scouting department and academies have never been more important. There seems to be a trend developing where clubs sell their young players only to resign them once established at X20 the transfer fee. Success needs to be instant, there doesn't seem to be any room for development at the highest level.