Sports & Fitness EPL thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Nice to See Brad Smith get his first Starting gig in a ELP game for the reds this weekend . Was impressed by him in the recent Aussie games .

Normally wouldn't worry about Brisbane Vs Melbourne Victory , BUT , however , however good he might be as a player , I have no respect for Barisha as a person ( dives , whinges , carries on etc ) , and any time he's on the loosing side is fine by me .

Palace .. Four games undefeated in EPL and look safe . Fingers crossed for the FA cup .

Cliff

2. See Change

Phantom likes this.
  3. See Change

Palace though to the FA Cup final . Son's in London at the moment . Tickets $ 7-900 . Return flights to London ..... Just checking :cool:

Cliff

4. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

@See Change great to see Palace in the final. I hope they dish up 90min of pain for Man U. Palace have had a great season and I hope they can take a trophy back home. They deserve it.

5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Leicester City Champions, thoroughly deserved but hardly believable.
    Great for the EPL and for all the underdogs.

6. LMD

LMD Well-Known Member

As cheap as 1100 if you're ready for a long haul flight :D

7. Leewei

Leewei Well-Known Member

I saw this tweet online.
    "To the uninformed girls, Leicester winning the title is equivalent to Kim Kardashian becoming a nun"

8. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Amazing to see considering that many of the players and the manager were journey men. It's going to be interesting to see what they may do next season. Will the owner cash in and sell all his prize players for big transfer fees or will he reinvest the funds to strengthen the squad for champions league and to try to win back to back titles. Going to be really tough because all the teams are either rebuilding or always up there.

9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

well this season leicester will make a pretty decent profit based on operting profit+prize money+ tv deals etc

next season, they will make over 125m pounds just from TV deals via premier league and champions league, with it possibly growing to over 150m pounds depending on how they go in the 2. add to that again an operating profit from being so leanly run and having such a low wage bill, even assuming a few big budget signings, and they wont "need" to sell any players. whether or not some push for a move, eg mahrez or vardy, is another story.

they also dont have any debt i believe as the debt was wiped by current owner which also indicates a bit of a long term view. if anything i'd suspect the owner would be more inclined to sell the club than flog off the players if he wanted to make a quick buck.

back to back titles is surely impossible but then again so was winning it this year. if they invest wisely and operately smartly they could spend a few years in and around champions league positions and that kind of windfall would set them on a very secure footing financially.

10. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I feel that Mahrez will push for a move because if a big club like Barcelona comes knocking, it is very hard to say no to that and playing with the best players in the world. I wonder if they can also attract the players that they want for next season. Even clubs like Liverpool, Man United, Tottenham and Chelsea (no Champions League next year) cannot sign the players that they want.

Don't forget the wages will increase due to this season's performance. They have already signed an improved deal with Vardy.

I really think the TV deals is going to be great for the smaller clubs to be able to retain players.

11. See Change

Wages capacity increases with new TV deal , the smaller clubs will be able to buy more good players .

Great that Leicester won , but one reason why they won ( also reason why swans won in 05 and not in 06 ) is that they had a good run with injuries . Contrast to palace who were 5th at Christmas then had a shocking run with injuries .

The best players in the smaller clubs are up there , but they don't have the squad depth that the big four ( and others ) have so injuries to 3-4 of their best players and the replacements are journey men or unproven at the premiere league level .

Cliff

12. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Stoked... Europa League Final here we come and back into The Champions League is the other possibility.
    A couple of new signings and I can see a title challenge next year.
    I hope Foxtel will screen it live so I don't have to scrounge around looking for a internet live stream.

Daniel007 likes this.
  13. LMD

LMD Well-Known Member

Happy St Totteringhams Day to my fellow gooners :p:D

mrdobalina, Phantom and Baker like this.
  14. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Forget the election, house prices and negative gearing, does any one know how they are going to watch the EPL next season?

Foxtel have lost the broadcast rights to Optus, I'm more than a little p@##ed and concerned.

SBS have rights for one game per week and Optus will stream but details are scratchy at this stage. The multi channel plus replay format from Foxtel has been excellent, surely if Optus have bought the rights they need a decent platform?

Does anyone have any ideas? I couldn't handle going back to the dark ages with no coverage of the worlds best sporting competition.

I'm addicted...:p

15. andrew_t

andrew_t Well-Known Member

VPN + foxsoccer2go subscription

HUGH72 likes this.
  16. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

Hahahahhahahahahahha

5-1 loss to ten-man Newcastle.

Haha
    Hahah

21 years running.

Hahahahha

Heh.

LMD and mrdobalina like this.
  17. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will have to look into this. I'm annoyed Optus have bought the rights but don't seem to have any broadcast platforms ready.

18. andrew_t

andrew_t Well-Known Member

No probs, i recommend privateinternetaccess dot com its about $50 a year for its subscription and works on most devices. foxsoccer2go was 19.99US a month and just rolling month to month basis and cancel any time. Beauty was it had more than just EPL games, cheaper than foxtel and not locked into a contract. I haven't compared this pricing to what Optus is offering now it has EPL

19. aussieshorter

aussieshorter Well-Known Member

Foxtel have secured the rights to a whole lot of EPL coverage, but it won't be every game and it won't be live. Liverpool FC tv, Man United tv and (I think) Chelsea tv will all be on brand new 24 hour channels (including showing their games on delay), and they will also have all games for Arsenal, Man City and Tottenham.

It won't be the same as having every game live, but it's enough to keep me with Foxtel. Especially with the addition of the BeIN channels for free.

HUGH72 likes this.
  20. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what Foxtel comes up with, delayed coverage wouldn't be too bad but I like watching some of the games which kick off at around 9.45 pm EST.