WA Embleton

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Shankiedoodle, 6th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Shankiedoodle

Shankiedoodle Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Still shopping around for the First home, does anyone know much about Embleton? It seems like a fairly decent suburb, quiet and not too bad in terms of transport. I've driven around the neighbourhood and it seems fairly nice too. Apart from that I don't know too much about it, so looking for more info

Colin Rice likes this.
  2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Quite close to the galleria shopping center which is undergoing a massive expansion to double it's floor area.

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Embleton has some expensive houses. I like that it is close to Galleria and Bayswater Waves. Also, it's relatively close to the CBD. Personally I would stay away from the busy roads though (Broun Ave, Embleton Ave, Beechboro Rd South and Collier Road).

I was looking for a property in Embleton for a while but never found anything to suit. Driving around, there seemed like some areas hadn't developed much closer to Beechboro Road South and Embleton Ave. The better parts were around the golf course and West of Irwin Road.

I would have moved there if I found the right place. I didn't mind it at all.

Shankiedoodle likes this.
  4. Shankiedoodle

Shankiedoodle Well-Known Member

Hmm yeah i noticed that too, I like that its quite close to the CBD and Mt Lawley, and it seems like there are some old houses from the 70s with development opportunity, but it seems like its had the hardest drop in pricing recently

Perthguy likes this.
  5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

A price drop is good, as long as it doesn't keep going down ;)

During the boom, I went to the first home open for this place. There were about 150 people and it got so frantic that I thought there was going to be a punch-up! It was listed for $435,000 - $475,000 and sold for $552,000 after being on the market 2 days and one home open... 18 offers presented!

3 Gatton Way, Embleton, WA 6062 - Property Details

I saw it as a great retain and build... but not at that price. If you look on google maps, you can see what they did there.

So there are some good retain and build or demolish and build potential properties. The trick is picking one up at a price where the numbers make sense.

JohnPropChat likes this.
  6. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I reckon its a good spot and did see an article on TV recently about it but cant find it on google.

If you can find something that you can add value to and create some equity you may be onto a winner.

7. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Perthguy likes this.
  8. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Nice small suburb between Morley and Bayswater. Not too sure about long term CG.

PS: I am personally looking in Bayswater