Ecocapsules!

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by CosmicTrevor, 22nd Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. CosmicTrevor

CosmicTrevor Well-Known Member

2. robboat

robboat Well-Known Member

Mini houses and transportable "pods" are common....even using compost toilets and recycling grey water using external processing.
    This seems like an upmarket version of a common theme and I suspect the grey water goes to a holding tank and pump out?
    Very, very expensive though......
    You can make them out of timber frames and plywood with insulation....like a fancy caravan?

Not sure if local council would allow it as I think there is a BCA minimum living space requirement - not sure - but thinking at least 20sqm.....
    Otherwise we would all be living in small boxes or caravans...maybe not a bad idea!.....:)

3. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Agree with @robboat

They're nice, but you could buy 2 nice caravans for that kind of $. With the added benefit of being able to actually swing a cat in it AND have some storage. Who knows you may even have a friend or relative who will let you stay in their yard for a year or 2 on the cheap so you can save for more IP's. :p

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I'd love to get one. Take it up to the 100 acres in the country

5. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Go to the bottom of the article and look at the Modular granny flat. Now that's value for 120k. Perceived Value differs between each individual of course.